We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train From Heathrow to Kings Cross

Milwaukee WI
Level Contributor
31 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Train From Heathrow to Kings Cross

When you take the train from Heathrow to Kings Cross, is it the National Rail overground that runs that route?

Thanks.

Angela

Best Seller
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, and Bath...
5,677 Reviews
from $122.50*
Best Seller
Stonehenge, Windsor and Bath with Pub...
2,251 Reviews
from $125.10*
Best Seller
Harry Potter Tour of Warner Bros...
747 Reviews
from $102.50*
Watford, United...
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
44,056 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train From Heathrow to Kings Cross

No, it's the Piccadilly tube line run by Transport for London. It stays deep underground until just past Hatton Cross where it emerges blinking into the sunlight as it rattles through the west London suburbs. It goes underground again after Barons Court. Journey time would be just under an hour.

Milwaukee WI
Level Contributor
31 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train From Heathrow to Kings Cross

Thanks, Adam, can you or someone else possibly help me figure out what I am doing wrong? When I view the timetable on TFL from Heathrow Terminal 4 to Kings Cross, it comes up with all these options of various symbols that indicate National Rail to tube to bus. Very confusing!

We are arriving on Friday, 16 May and will probably be through all of the paperwork by 1000. So, I saw there was various options but only one that shows just a tube symbol. It leaves Heathrow at 1003 and arrives Kings Cross at 1103. Would that be the one I would want to go for?

Milwaukee WI
Level Contributor
31 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Train From Heathrow to Kings Cross

By the way, I am making my plan "B" with the Kings Cross trip. TravelerPlus told me that if for some reason I could not get a paper 7-day travelcard at Heathrow, I could take the train to Kings Cross and get the ticket there.

I am assuming that the station is shared--the London Underground and the National Rail upstairs (from the directions T.P. gave me that is what I am assuming anyway)?

Thanks again!

Watford, United...
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
44,056 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Train From Heathrow to Kings Cross

"So, I saw there was various options but only one that shows just a tube symbol. It leaves Heathrow at 1003 and arrives Kings Cross at 1103. Would that be the one I would want to go for?"

That's the one - the website also shows quicker options which in your case would involve taking the expensive Heathrow Express to Paddington and then a tube or possibly bus.

The tube station is directly below the Rail station but the ticket offices are NOT shared. You would need to follow signs for the rail station (look for the crows foot symbol) and look for that ticket office.

By the way you definitely won't be able to get a paper 7 day Travelcard at Heathrow.

Milwaukee WI
Level Contributor
31 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Train From Heathrow to Kings Cross

Thanks, Adam. Then, I am on the right path to get the paper ticket from KingsX as T.P. advised.

Wish me luck! 3 days and counting down.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
58,897 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Train From Heathrow to Kings Cross

Only three more days until departure? Lucky you.

From the Piccadilly line at KX, you'll take an escalator up to the ticket hall level; sit towards the rear of the Piccadilly line train, as that's where the way out is at King's Cross (sorry, muddled sentence).

From the ticket hall, look for the signs to the railway station - there are about a dozen steps to climb up to the concourse. The station is usually busy, so be prepared. You'll see the departures board with the platforms behind it (see link below) and a WH Smith off to the right - look to the left and you'll see the ticket office.

Use the way out near the WH Smith to walk across the road to the bus stop for the Arosfa.

Bon voyage!

…wikipedia.org/wiki/…Kingscrossdepartures.jpg

Saudi Arabia
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Train From Heathrow to Kings Cross

Hi Adam,

Can you guide me? I am moving from Pakistan to the UK next week. I need to go from London Heathrow Airport to Peterborough? How should I go that route? Your assisstance is greatly appreciated? Thanks

Take care!

MIRZA

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
58,897 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Train From Heathrow to Kings Cross

There are frequent trains from King's Cross to Peterborough. If you have bags that you can manage on the Underground, take the Tube from LHR to King's Cross, then go upstairs to the mainline station for the next departure.

Check fares at www.nationalexpresseastcoast.com - if you can book in advance you'll pay about £11.50 for a single ticket from King's Cross to Peterborough.

9. Re: Train From Heathrow to Kings Cross

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:18 pm, October 13, 2009