We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

county hotel

Cape Town, South...
Level Contributor
1,500 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
county hotel

Hi,

Has anybody had any experience with the county hotel in London? I think it is in the Bloomsbury area and the rate looks very favourable but I can't find any reviews on this forum/

Thanks in Advance.

Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle and Bath...
5,261 reviews
from $126.40*
Likely To Sell Out
Making of Harry Potter Round-Trip...
459 reviews
from $105.10*
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath...
2,086 reviews
from $149.10*
Special Offer
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
465 reviews
from $300.40*
$333.80
USA
Level Contributor
2,219 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: county hotel

Ironically I saw a picture of it (at least the sign) on the T.V. today. Apparently the bus attack took place in front of this hotel.

Cape Town, South...
Level Contributor
1,500 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: county hotel

wow, not a good advert. The poor people in London, what a shock this has all been.

Regards

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Airlie Beach, Whitsunday Islands
Level Contributor
19,837 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: county hotel

Bloomsbury is a good central location... you might also like to consider Sth Kensington

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Airlie Beach, Whitsunday Islands
Level Contributor
19,837 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: county hotel

We like Millenium Baileys

Halifax, NS
Level Contributor
3,273 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: county hotel

I stayed there (needed 1 night before going to Belgium) in 1994. The price is great as is the location, but........ I had a single room which was the width of a single bed plus the door. (No room for a bedside table, etc.) And the ceiling was at least 15 feet up. So it felt like a very long coffin. There was a sink in the room and the bath/toilet was across the hall. It was clean and the bed was comfortable. I'd stay there again for one or two nights, but I'd pay for a double to get more room. I don't think I want to be there for any longer than that.

Yes, it is in Bloomsbury, about 2 blocks from Euston Station.

Upminster, United...
Level Contributor
11,284 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: county hotel

It is next door to the BMA which is where the bus bomb was. Upper Woburn Place is a main road in to London. It is very near Euston Station and plenty of buses go down that road. It is a little far out to walk to the main spots.

Level Contributor
161 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: county hotel

I've walked past it several times...it doesnt look terribly nice !!!!

www.imperialhotelsgroup.co.uk is the chain's web site. All their hotels are in that area.

Hope that helps.

Cape Town, South...
Level Contributor
1,500 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: county hotel

thanks for all the info. Think I've decided against it and am probably going with the Tavistock. It is at present between the Darlington because of the fantastic reviews, but the location puts me off a bit, the Tavistock and the Strand Palace. Am going to spend that extre 10 pounds a day and have a bit more peace of mind (hopefully)

Devon
Level Contributor
443 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: county hotel

hi,

My me and my hubby were booked into The Strand palace in April, at the time we booked the reviews were mixed but then they started to get worse so I cancelled. When we actually got to London we went to see the show Chicago and had to walk past The Strand palace and have to be honest we were so pleased we had cancelled! it looked very run down, the windows looked like they were all rotted and the road the hotel is on is a VERY busy stretch of road if you had a room at the front I wouldnt count on getting much sleep. As it turned out we sat next to a couple at the Chicago show who were staying at The Tavistock hotel and they said they were happy with it.

Its only my opinion for what its worth but when I read you wanted "peace of mind" I just had to warn you about The Strand Palace.

Cape Town, South...
Level Contributor
1,500 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: county hotel

Thanks Sherrieb, value the advice.