We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do for Anniversary

Southern California
Level Contributor
58 posts
9 reviews
What to do for Anniversary

My Husband and I are traveling to London for our 20th Wedding Anniversary. We are staying at the MyPlace Hotel. Anybody have any ideas on what to do? I would really like to surprise my honey! Cheers

Best Seller
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, and Bath...
5,727 Reviews
from $123.00*
Best Seller
Stonehenge, Windsor and Bath with Pub...
2,268 Reviews
from $125.70*
Best Seller
Harry Potter Tour of Warner Bros...
763 Reviews
from $102.90*
London, United...
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
4,029 posts
1. Re: What to do for Anniversary

Congratulations on getting to 20 years.

How about a Champagne flight on the London Eye.

londoneye.com/FlightsAndPrices/…Default.aspx

Southern California
Level Contributor
58 posts
9 reviews
2. Re: What to do for Anniversary

Cheers for the suggestion. I am also now looking into booking the cruise. This is a great idea! Anybody tried the Medieval Banquet? Since we will be in London for 8 days, thought we could do a few things. Cheers

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Lake District
Level Contributor
4,246 posts
70 reviews
3. Re: What to do for Anniversary

I would second the champagne flight on the Eye. I did this recently - and it really is a fabulous thing to do. If you opt for Cupids Capsule you'll get your own private host/waiter in the pod with you. You'll get some decent pink champagne truffles and some nice Laurent Perrier champagne to enjoy. It's great being able to enter via the VIP area and then board your own personal capsule - the looks on other people's faces are a picture - LOL!!

Seriously, definitely worth doing.

If you want more info/help pm me - I did a couple of other surprise things for the day which you may find could work for you too :)

London
Level Contributor
1,690 posts
6 reviews
4. Re: What to do for Anniversary

There are days out like dinnercruise on the Thames here: buyagift.co.uk

You can often get a discount if you add promotion codes listed on sites like www.vouchercodes.com/vouchers/buyagift.htm

London
Level Contributor
153 posts
3 reviews
5. Re: What to do for Anniversary

We went to the Medievil Banquet by St Katherine's Dock a couple of years ago and all of us really enjoyed it. There's lots to eat and drink (food, wine, beer and soft drink incl. in the entry price)whereas we went to one at Warwick Castle where the food was rationed (my hubby and a friend had to half a roll as the 'waitress' wouldnt give them one each!). The staff at the London one were all really friendly and the entertainment funny - just dont get sucked into getting involved in the handkerchief dance like i did!! Lol!!! Really recommend it. Also, St Katherine's Dock is one of my favourite places in London - especially at night with all the lights!!

Enjoy your trip. I'm 7 years married - cant imagine 20 years!!!!!!!

Queeny x

London
Level Contributor
85 posts
26 reviews
6. Re: What to do for Anniversary

Hi

One thing you could think about, if you go out anywhere for a celebratory meal, is making sure they have some wine on the list from the year you were married. Maybe even something to set up in advance.

Lots of great places to choose from but views of the river are always good so somewhere like Skylon might be nice where I am sure they can also sort out the wine. Could be a good follow on to the flight on the Eye as it is nearby.

It depends on what you want but I would avoid any medieval banquet. London is a city with all kinds of eating experiences at all kinds of budgets. I am sure you could have something a lot more exciting and, frankly, authentic than a manufactured experience like that.

Michael

Essex
Level Contributor
31,737 posts
69 reviews
7. Re: What to do for Anniversary

How about splashing out on a Dinner & Dance at the Ritz??

West London
Level Contributor
10,128 posts
2 reviews
8. Re: What to do for Anniversary

Essex Wanderer’s idea sounds excellent.

Did you see the film “Titanic”? Because the restaurant in the Titanic was based on the restaurant in the Waldorf hotel - why not go there, take their Tango Tea Dance, and sing a few bars of “My Heart Will Go On” by Celine Dione, undoubtedly Canada’s greatest ever singer:

http://www.hilton.co.uk/waldorf

9. Re: What to do for Anniversary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:17 pm, September 25, 2009