We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dueling pianos?

High Wycombe...
Level Contributor
30 posts
139 reviews
Save Topic
Dueling pianos?

Whenever I visit the US, I always seek out dueling pianos bars. They are the best night out.

I was wondering if anyone knew of anything similar in the UK.

I've never come across one, but if anyone knows of one, or even a monthly night or whatever, I'd love to hear about it.

Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, and Bath...
5,388 Reviews
from $125.70*
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath, Pub...
2,148 Reviews
from $128.40*
Likely To Sell Out
Warner Bros. Studio: The Making of...
540 Reviews
from $113.40*
London
Level Contributor
8,329 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dueling pianos?

What does dueling piano bars mean? Is it a bar where people battle on pianos - or is it a brand of bars?

UK
Level Contributor
2,938 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dueling pianos?

Have a look..

http://www.wildpianos.com/

Edgware, Stanmore, Spur Road or wherever ....... what do you think? Are they ready for it?

High Wycombe...
Level Contributor
30 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dueling pianos?

Dueling piano bars usually feature two pianos, and often other instruments used ad hoc.

Punters leave requests on top of the piano, usually with a few bucks (the more you leave, the more likely they are to play your request).

The pianists work their way through the requests, both playing and singing together (the term 'duelling' is somewhat misleading). They are very talented performers - playing everything from Piano Man to Sexyback.

Sometimes they invite audience members up to dance, or sit on the piano. The bar tenders often have a song that they all do a routine to, too.

The words of the songs are often changed by the pianists.

It's generally a bit drunken and so much fun.

London should have one, and if I had the head for business, bar management experience and investment, I'd be off to NatWest this afternoon.

The Shout House in San Diego is the best one I've found so far.

www.theshouthouse.com/San_Diego/home.asp

Mentioned in this post
London
London
England, UK
USA
Level Contributor
7,087 posts
252 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dueling pianos?

Oh, it's just like Donald Duck and Daffy Duck in "Who Framed Roger Rabbit".

5. Re: Dueling pianos?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, September 25, 2009