We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

July Trip Itinerary

Hammonton NJ
3 posts
Save Topic
July Trip Itinerary

My wife and I are taling our 3 boys (twins 11 / 13) to London and Paris for a summer trip. We will be in both cities for 4 days. We got a great hotel deal at the Scala House. I have read many great reviews about this establishment! This forum is great, informatitve and ADDIDICTIVE!!!! Here is my tentative trip itinerary:

Day 1 Thursday: Arrive at hotel around 10am - I figured we would take a walk down Whitehall to Westminister and see the sights (Westminister Abbey/Big Ben/HOP/London Eye)

Day 2 Friday: Buckingham Palace/Changing of the Guard/St. James Park

Boys want to get picture taken at Abbey Road

7:30pm tickets to We Will Rock You

Day 3 Saturday: Day Tour to Leeds Castle/Dover/Canterbury

Day 4 Sunday: Tower of London/St.Paul/Tower Bridge

Any ideas or am I on the right track???

Can't Wait!!!!!

San Diego...
Level Contributor
3,514 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: July Trip Itinerary

Hello and welcome to the forum. Pretty good schedule. When you take the walk from Trafalgar Square down Whitehall to Westminster Abbey you are covering 1,000 years of British

history. If you have the time to make it at 11 AM on Thursdays Original London Walks does a 2 hour Beatles Magical Mystery Tour that ends at Abbey Road. website walks.com Then you could do the Whitehall walk in the afternoon.

After the Changing of the Guard, have a picnic lunch in St. James's Park- one of my favorite things to do in one of my favorite parks. It will be a nice break from the sightseeing. I haven't done Day 3 yet (on the list) even after 8 trips to London so much I haven't done! Get your tickets for the Tower at a tube station. Get there right when it opens and immediately head to the Crown Jewels. I did that and had them all to myself. Later, I noticed a long line out the door. Be sure to take the free Beefeater's (Yeoman Guard) tour. They are very good and have some great stories. Then I would do Tower Bridge and St. Paul's.

One of my favorite memories - getting a picture of myself crossing Abbey Road!

What a great treat for your boys - they will remember this trip for the rest of their lives. Enjoy your trip!

Menlo Park...
Level Contributor
338 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: July Trip Itinerary

This looks like a VERY reasonable and flexible itinerary.

Day 2 - switch from Changing of the Guard to Changing of the Horse Guards at 11:00, Horse Guards parade. Similar ceremony, but on horseback.

Day 4 - you can easily add a River Thames boat ride from the Tower Pier to Waterloo Pier if you want to.

Two other things your boys might like:

Churchill's Britain at War Experience (www.britainatwar.co.uk)

Egyptian Rooms at the British Museum

You are so smart to not overplan and leave lots of room for flexibility. Have a wonderful trip!!

Upminster, United...
Level Contributor
11,284 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: July Trip Itinerary

Have a read of Sacloa's report tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g186338-i17-k18768…

They appear to have done the things you have listed.

Salem, Oregon
Level Contributor
5,414 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: July Trip Itinerary

Bob007, there were 5 of us who made the trek to Abbey Road one morning. We had a lot f fun dodging traffic trying to take pictures of 4 of us at a time in the zebra crossing. 4 of us were really with the program but one was strangely "off." It was only later we realized she was stone drunk left over from the night before! Ah, well, she wasn't any good taking pix for the rest of us but she was Paul in everyone else's pictures. LOL!