We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Help!!!

New York City
Level Contributor
109 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Help!!!

I'm going to try priceline.com, and must choose a few areas that I would be willing to stay. Anyone able to tell me which is most convenient to the city? We are interested in going to the Globe, seeing a show in West End, and touring around the Palace and Big ben, changing of the guards, etc.

These are my choices:

Westminster

Regents Park - Baker Street

Bloomsbury - Marble Arch

Hammersmith

Kensington - Earl's Court - Knightbridge

London Bridge

Mayfair - Soho

Notting Hill - Bayswater

Thanks!

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
41,151 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Help!!!

I am sure there are some Priceline experts out there who know which hotels are offered in each area and can help. In the meantime Westminster and Soho are probably the most central for what you want to see and Hammersmith the furthest out but nowhere in central London is that far by tube or bus.

Good luck with your bid!

Menlo Park...
Level Contributor
338 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Help!!!

Pick Bloomsbury-Marble Arch, Mayfair-Soho, and Westminster.

Menlo Park...
Level Contributor
338 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Help!!!

And do let us know what you get!!

tennessee
Level Contributor
178 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Help!!!

go check to biddingfortravel.com. That is the best site around for researching Priceline. You can get an idea of what hotels Priceline is most likely to use in each zone, which may affect your bid.

As for the best zones, I'd go for Kensington, Mayfair and Bloomsbury.

FYI, I am staying on a Priceline bid for the first leg of my trip July 6-10. My room is at the Thistle Marble Arch. I got it for $85 per night.

tennessee
Level Contributor
178 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Help!!!

I should also add that my main concern was cheap when I was bidding, not location. You need to really decide what you're most concerned with. For me, I don't mind changing lines, riding a bus, etc. a bit more because I'm not really on a tight time schedule and I'm on my own. If you're going to be on a limited amount of time, then choose a zone that is in the opitimum locale for your choice of sites.

Check out Priceline's maps, compare them with what you're planning to do and then read the reviews on biddingfortravel. Don't get in a hurry and it'll all work out just fine.