We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good, but affordable Restaurants in London

Which London hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
bavaria
Level Contributor
100 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Good, but affordable Restaurants in London

I��m a newbie in this Forum and did already search, if this questions has been asked before. Did not really find something.

I did read in the Forum latley and realised, that some people mention good restaurants. It would be nice to get them all in one topic, its clearer.

Hope it��s understandable what I mean. My english is not that good.

And of course I mean restaurants which are quite affordable during a trip to London.

(not like Jamie Oliver or the River Cafe....)

thanks for responding

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
40,661 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good, but affordable Restaurants in London

We all have different tastes and budgets so may I suggest one book and one website:

Time Out Guide to Cheap Eats in London. Available at most bookshops or from www.timeout.com. I think a new edition is to be published shortly

www.london-eating.com. A very useful site with reviews from members of the public. Restaurants are listed by style and area.

Hope that helps and have a great time.

bavaria
Level Contributor
100 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good, but affordable Restaurants in London

thanks anyway,

and Ill have a look at the side.

But wouldn��t it be nice, if people would name there favorit��s.

Like the topic with the best bakery?

looking forward to september (my last time in london has been 12 years ago)

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
353 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good, but affordable Restaurants in London

okay I'll get the ball rolling. I love Henry's cafe bar in covent garden, there is also one on Picadilly (the street, not the circus) oppisate green park. They have fairly reasonable prices, a great cocktail menu and there is something on the menu for everyone.

London, UK
Level Contributor
547 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good, but affordable Restaurants in London

Look at www.toptable.co.uk

Then look at their Special Offers section. You will save a fortune on normal menu prices. It means you can afford to eat at some of the best restaurants in London but at cheap prices. Look out for Conran restaurants like Meza in Soho.

I've eaten in several of these restaurants using toptable and it is good.

bavaria
Level Contributor
100 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Good, but affordable Restaurants in London

Thank you,

that��s a great hint. I��ll watch this and then compare it with the

reviews of london-eating.com.

Derby, UK
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
7,343 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Good, but affordable Restaurants in London

Sarastro restaurant in Covent Garden does a great set menu (Turkish fayre) on their Opera Nights. It's about 20-25 pounds per person and you also get entertainment - a string quartet and live opera singers. www.sarastro-restaurant.com

Also for good food but very cheap try Tai on Greek St, Soho. It's a completely vegan (don't let this put you off!) oriental buffet - vast range of dishes and you can have as much as you want for just 5-6 pounds!!

Also many (even usually expensive) restaurants do pre-theatre specials. If you dine before 7/7.30 you can often get 2 or 3 courses for less than 10 pounds.

London has some fantastic restaurants for all budgets - enjoy!

north-east NJ
Level Contributor
2,594 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Good, but affordable Restaurants in London

marcuschap -- Thx for mentioning Tai. My daughter is vegan & after a week & a half I ran out of dining options for her -- vegetable chili, falafel, jacket potato w/beans, salad, spaghetti w/marinara sauce, repeat, repeat, repeat...

Tai sound like something she'll love.

London, UK
Level Contributor
5,466 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Good, but affordable Restaurants in London

Regularly eat at Tai buffet branches thoughout central London with vegan business partners. Excellent value - stuff your face for a fiver-ish.

Surrey, England
Level Contributor
295 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Good, but affordable Restaurants in London

Belgo in Covent Garden have resonable prices and special offers.

I like Le Deuxieme in Long Acre - good set lunch

Minnesota
Level Contributor
669 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Good, but affordable Restaurants in London

Maybe it's clich��, but we still talk about it today, almost a year later...

We loved Wagamamas! Relatively cheap, very friendly and fast, excellent eats! Mostly Japanese, I think. It seemed like this chain was on every corner in London. The only drawback was the long, picnic-type tables you sat at, but we ate at off times, so it was fairly empty when we were there.