We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luton Airport to Earls Court London

Which London hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
brisbane queensland
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Topic
Luton Airport to Earls Court London

My husband and I plus two kids (11 and 8) have the option of picking up a hire car from Prestwick Airport, Glasgow and dropping off at Luton Airport, London (for what seems to be a reasonable rate from RyanAir - we are flying into Prestwick from Rome). I am having trouble working out how difficult it will be for all four of us to get from Luton Airport to Earls Court by train - keeping in mind that we will have some luggage with us (luggage is on wheels with handles which may help us).

Can anyone help us with some suggestions?

Thanks

Carol

Cotswolds
Level Contributor
976 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Luton Airport to Earls Court London

The simplest way (fewest changes) is to get the coach to London and get off at Baker Street, then either get the 74 bus through to Earls Court or (if the luggage proves too much for that) the tube, with one same platform change from Circle to District lines.

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
31,663 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Luton Airport to Earls Court London

Or get the coach to Victoria then the Tube to Earls Court

See the Luton Airport website for details - but note Easybus will charge extra if you have a lot of luggage

brisbane queensland
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Luton Airport to Earls Court London

Dzug and Alanrow - Thanks for the info. I will look into both those options.

Carol

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
54,617 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Luton Airport to Earls Court London

I would take the number 74, as dzug suggested. Head for stop A, which is just outside the TfL Lost Property Office on Baker Street. I think that's the start of the journey for the 74, so the bus shouldn't be too crowded at that time.

The only thing that may hold up the journey is if there is traffic at Hyde Park Corner and along Knightsbridge - but it may or may not be an issue depending on time of day.

There are stairs to deal with at Earl's Court station, but the number 74 stops just across the road from the station - one step down from the bus, that's it.

Where are you going in Earl's Court?

brisbane queensland
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Luton Airport to Earls Court London

TravellerPlus - thanks for the information. We are staying at the Windsor Hotel on Penywern Road which is just around the corner from Earls Court Underground. According to Google Map it is only a minute away (therefore I am assuming we could do it easily walking)

Cotswolds
Level Contributor
976 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Luton Airport to Earls Court London

... and don't worry about the easybus luggage allowance - they now use normal coaches on this route with a normal allowance

Green Line, Terravision and Green Line all run between Luton and Baker Street - but they are all the same bus, just different sales procedures.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
54,617 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Luton Airport to Earls Court London

Penywern Road is indeed just around the corner from the station. If you take the number 74, alight at the stop A (plenty of people will alight there). Look across the road, and you'll see the station to the right - make sure you clock the Tardis near the newsagent's kiosk.

Look to the left across the road and you'll see an Oddbins, across from which is an M&S Simply Food. That's Penywern Road - handy, innit?

brisbane queensland
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Luton Airport to Earls Court London

dzug - thanks once again for the extra info.

Traveller Plus - it does sound very handy - thanks for the directions.

Can any of you give me an idea on the approx. time the trip would take if I get the Coach from Luton and the No. 74 to Earls Court? We estimate that we should be at Luton to drop off car at approx. 12 noon.

Thanks,

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,238 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Luton Airport to Earls Court London

A typical journey might be coach depart 12.25 arrive Baker Street 13.28, bus depart 13.34 arrive 14.17. Getting the train to Kings Cross and tube to Earls Court from there would cut journey by about 35 min, but be more expensive.

10. Re: Luton Airport to Earls Court London

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:19 am, September 19, 2009