We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good restaurants in London

Chicago
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Topic
Good restaurants in London

My husband and I are from Chicago and enjoy going out to the city's best restaurants. We're looking for places in London w/ great food, but don't necessarily want to spend a million $$ every night. We like all food, but would prefer not to go to any Middle Eastern or Indian places. Any recommendations??

Guildford, England
Level Contributor
39 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good restaurants in London

Loads of places! What about J Sheekey for good seafood in a classy, elegant, 'London-esque' environment, Hakkasan for stunning, sexy suuroundings and excellent Asian food, or somewhere new like Maze, the new Gordon Ramsey place in Mayfair, which has just opened as is getting good reviews...it's build around the idea of getting lots of little dishes, to build your own tasting menu.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
2,700 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Good restaurants in London

A couple of my favourites:

Rules - oldest restaurant in London! Traditional English sort of food, check their website for prices and sample menus.

Browns, St Martins Lane (near Covent Garden) - part of small chain. Lively atmosphere and high quality food at reasonable prices. Again you can see sample menus and prices on the web site.

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
41,461 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good restaurants in London

A very useful website is www.london-eating.co.uk

Places are listed by area and style, the reviews are by members of the public and are up to date and above all, helpful.