We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lunch in London

Which London hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
BurlingtonVT USA
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Lunch in London

I will be in London touring on layover to Berlin on Thursday and was wondering where the best place was to have a Pub Lunch around the Piccadilly Circus, Trafalgar Sq, Westminster Abbey?

Much thanks for any advice.

Chris

San Diego...
Level Contributor
3,514 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lunch in London

Hi Chris and welcome to the forum. There is a good website that has all kinds of pub info - fancyapint.com. That should give you several choices. Berlin is one of my favorite cities - been there twice. Be sure to go to the Pergamon Museum - I think one of the best in Europe. Also, go to the top of the Reichstag - some nice views of the city there. Enjoy your trip.

Pacific Grove...
Level Contributor
1,572 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lunch in London

From Picadilly Square, I would suggest walking east toward Leicester Square and perhaps further on towards Convent Garden. There are tons of pubs and lovely outdoor cafes in this area, some are a bit more on the touristy side but still worth it IMHO if you have a nice outdoor table to watch the world go by.

This is a nice area to walk through around lunchtime.

BurlingtonVT USA
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lunch in London

Nice folks! Thanks a lot. Went to Fancy a pint on got some good ideas.

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
40,851 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lunch in London

For decent food and a fair pint The Lord Moon On The Mall is on Whitehall, very close to Trafalgar Square.

In Covent Garden try to seek out the tiny and historic Lamb & Flag in Rose Street and another tucked away pub is The Hand & Racquet in Whitcomb Street just south of Leicester Square but miles away from the tourist throngs.

A couple of Red Lions to finish! The one in Duke of York Street is handy for Fortnum & Mason's and the posh shops of Jermyn Street whilst the one in Parliament Street is a stones throw from The Houses of Parliament.

Happy drinking!

Virginia
Level Contributor
79 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Lunch in London

Owenz and Adamhornets,

I think the Red Lion on Parliament Street is where boyfriend and I stopped for lunch the day we took our London Eye flight, then headed over Westminster Bridge. We stopped there on the way to the Cabinet War Rooms and Churchill Museum. We had a beverage downstairs while waiting for a table at the quite crowded upstairs restaurant, if I have the place right. His fish and chips were tasty, and my salmon was delicious, too.

Lots of gents smartly dressed in dark suits, sitting about in the downstairs pub talking politics. You can eat pub lunch downstairs if you wish. Quite a busy place.

Serena