We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good scary/ghost tours

FL, USA
Level Contributor
224 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Good scary/ghost tours

Does anyone have any suggestions or experience with good tours devoted to scaring you, ghosts, haunted history and the like? Either walking tours or tours at certain historical sites devoted to hauntings and ghosts? Already going to be doing a Jack the Ripper tour that apparently includes a visit to a supposedly haunted pub cellar but I sort of get a kick out of tours like this and so was wondering if anyone had others in and around London that they knew of and suggest would be worthwhile.

Mentioned in this post
Ripping Yarns - Jack the Ripper Tours
Ripping Yarns - Jack the...
818 Reviews
London, UK
London
London
England, UK
Redlands, California
Level Contributor
2,925 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good scary/ghost tours

I've been on several of the London Walks tours and they are very entertaining. But, my favorite was led by Richard Jones. You have to make reservations ahead of time. Here's his website....

http://www.london-ghost-walk.co.uk/

Mentioned in this post
London Walks
London Walks
1,794 Reviews
London, UK
FL, USA
Level Contributor
224 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good scary/ghost tours

That one does look fun! Not sure we'll be able to do it as it's only offered Tues/Fri/Sat when we'll be in London and I won't have any of those nights free but just in case one of them frees up between now and then we'll for sure book that one. Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
London
London
England, UK
london
Destination Expert
for Nile River Valley
Level Contributor
13,202 posts
273 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good scary/ghost tours

There are ghost tours at certain stately homes. Ham House, I think. You could do a bit of Googling.

Mentioned in this post
Ham House
Ham House
572 Reviews
Richmond-upon-Thames, UK
4. Re: Good scary/ghost tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:26 am, September 13, 2009