We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

London Eye Questions

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
221 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
London Eye Questions

We are planning to go to the Tower of London, look at the globe and then go to the London Eye. I am not sure how long we will be at Tower or whatever else. I wanted to buy tickets online ahead of time but if I do that does that lock me into a specific day and time?

Also, is the London Eye usually crowded?

Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath from...
5,296 Reviews
from $126.30*
Likely To Sell Out
Warner Bros Harry Potter Admission...
475 Reviews
from $105.00*
Special Offer
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, and Bath...
2,093 Reviews
from $134.10*
Likely To Sell Out
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
465 Reviews
from $333.50*
Level Contributor
623 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: London Eye Questions

When are you visiting? ?Weekday, weekend? London Eye tickets are time specific. Wait until you are in London to purchase ANY tickets. If the unforseen occurs, you will not be out any money.

If there is a wait, go with the flow, you're on holiday, relax and smell the roses.

Level Contributor
86 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: London Eye Questions

I would wait until you get there to get tickets for the London Eye. You don't want to already have tickets, and then the day you are going have it be a rainy or overcast day. The London Eye is a wonderful place to visit on a clear day, so just go and see what day would work out best. There was no line when we were there (April) but I have heard on this board that even if there is one, it moves fairly fast. The Eye doesn't usually stop, so that helps with the moving of the line.

I agree with above post, try not to over plan, we did and spent our whole trip trying to make all the "have to see places", we ended up seeing everything, but never took time to really enjoy the atmosphere and beauty of London. Enjoy yourself!!

Level Contributor
623 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: London Eye Questions

Thank you Tweetybird for your candid view of what overplanning accomplishes, nothing. One aspect of a vacation is to relax and have fun. As TB stated, they ran around, posssibly under pressure, to make sure they saw 'everything'.

Not fun!. Take your time, and do wait until a clear day to take a flight on the LE.

And, as previously stated, have fun!