We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hostels

colfax, ca
3 posts
Save Topic
Hostels

My daughter and a friend 17 and 18 yrs are going to London in June. To save money they want to stay at a hostel near Piccaddily/Soho location. Can anyone suggest a safe place for two young ladies to stay. We looked at Piccaddily & Ashlee House. Is the area a safe location?

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
56,364 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hostels

They'd be a bit better off at the hostel near St Pancras - it's a YHA hostel, and sounds quite good, from the website description. Piccadilly is a bit crowded with people who've had too much to drink at night, and are looking for a place to park some pavement art, and it'd be nice for the girls to be able to get away (but not very far at all) from that kind of boring behaviour. Bus service to the West End is excellent from St Pancras, too.

London, UK
Level Contributor
5,466 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hostels

Yes, second the St Pancras Youth Hostel - they have twin bed rooms with en suite at very good rates. YHs are basic, clean, secure & well managed.

www.yha.org.uk

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
56,364 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hostels

Hi, Em, how's thangs?

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
1,097 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hostels

If they want to stay in this particular part of town-- Piccadilly Backpackers Hostel. Its right in the middle of that part of town. And its yards away from the Piccadilly tube stop too.

As far as safe.. well, I stayed here by myself and felt completely safe (though I would not suggest they walk down the back streets of Soho alone at night...)

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
41,763 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hostels

Another place to consider is The Generator in Tavistock Place, handy for The British Museum and not far from the centre of town. Quite lively with mixed reviews on this site. Youth Hostels are generally safer and there are other locations across London.

www.yha.org.uk

London, UK
Level Contributor
5,466 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hostels

TeePee,

Hangin'

How's your trip so far ?

See you've been at the F&C, I'll look out for the Golden Hind next time I'm down there.

Hope to see you Friday 13th.

EmP(ty) - time for brekkie, maybe a saveloy......;-(

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
56,364 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hostels

Trip has been swell, have zero interest in going home. Golden Hind was all right, despite having to cope with ex there hitting on me ('come on, it'd be fun') over his p!ssing chip butty. (had to meet him, since he had some things for me)

See you Friday.

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
41,763 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hostels

How romantic..!