We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best hotel for Heathrow Terminal 3?

London
Level Contributor
295 posts
81 reviews
Save Topic
Best hotel for Heathrow Terminal 3?

I have an early morning flight coming up from Terminal 3. Which is the best hotel to stay at there, in terms of convenience/value/comfort? I'm not on a tight budget.

Best Seller
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, and Bath...
5,683 Reviews
from $122.70*
Best Seller
Stonehenge, Windsor and Bath with Pub...
2,252 Reviews
from $125.40*
Best Seller
Harry Potter Tour of Warner Bros...
750 Reviews
from $102.70*
Watford, United...
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
44,067 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best hotel for Heathrow Terminal 3?

There isn't really a definitive answer to your question only personal experiences and opinions.

The Renaissance is arguably the closest and one of the better ones. Free local buses link the hotel and the bus station as well as the Hoppa Bus which goes to Terminal 3 (and 1&2) for £4.

The Crowne Plaza would be my favourite hotel but it's further away and The Premier Travel Inn on Bath Road offers the best value IMO. More options at londontoolkit.com/travel/heathrow_hotels.htm

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
34,823 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best hotel for Heathrow Terminal 3?

What's the defintion of "early morning"?

London
Level Contributor
295 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best hotel for Heathrow Terminal 3?

Check in before 5 am.

U.K.
Destination Expert
for Belgrade
Level Contributor
15,158 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Best hotel for Heathrow Terminal 3?

Ouch! That's still night- time !

I agree with Adam, as an addition if you are seeking to park the car for any duration over a couple of days, The Park Inn has excellent accommodation and a very good Pool, Spa. Their prices include 2 weeks parking, and the deals are available even for 1 nights acommodation. Around £140 per night all inclusie of parking, with a car to park on a long holiday this is a fantastic deal.

Stoofer

Watford, United...
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
44,067 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best hotel for Heathrow Terminal 3?

The hoppa buses only just start running then, The first one from The Park is at 4.43. It goes on to The Renaissance where it departs at 4.49. A number of red buses run all night and are free from a stop outside the Renaissance. You may have to cross the road from The Park to catch this bus.

www.londontoolkit.com/lhr/hotel_hoppa_bus.htm

London
Level Contributor
295 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best hotel for Heathrow Terminal 3?

I've booked the Crowne Plaza. Will I need to get a cab to take me to the terminal?

Watford, United...
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
44,067 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best hotel for Heathrow Terminal 3?

The first hoppa bus doesn't depart from The Crowne Plaza until 5.43 so yes, you will need a taxi or car service. The hotel should arrange this although I wonder if they will add something on for themselves. Agree a price before getting in the cab.

London
Level Contributor
295 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best hotel for Heathrow Terminal 3?

Thanks, that's good advice.

9. Re: Best hotel for Heathrow Terminal 3?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:16 am, September 06, 2009