We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

May 29th Great TALF Pub Night: Final (?) Arrangements

Which London hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Halifax, NS
Level Contributor
3,214 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
May 29th Great TALF Pub Night: Final (?) Arrangements

Hi, all. I leave for London in 48 hours so I thought I'd summarize our arrangements.

Date: May 29th, 6:00 p.m.

Place: The Lamb, Lamb's Conduit St. Closest tube stations: Russell Square or Holborn. Go to fancyapint.com to download a map. The pub will not be serving food that night, so you might want to stop en-route for something to eat.

Recognition: If it's nice out, grab a pint & head for the outside tables. If it's cold or raining, grab a pint & head to the sunken area to the left of the island bar. I'll either be wearing a Nova Scotia top (lobster on 1 sleeve, lighthouse on the other) or a piece of lace, & will have an M & S bag. I'll also spread some Canadian chocolate bars on the table!

CAN/UK/US Chocolate Bar Tasting: We will be doing a blind taste test of Cadbury's Dairy milk, Nestle Crunch, and Mars/Milky Way bars, and maybe a Can/US Caramilk/Caramello test too, if TracyColorado doesn't eat the US ones first :-) (A taste is just a taste - you won't be able to dine off these. I figure 2 bars of each is enough.) I will bring the Canadian ones, TracyColorado the US ones, and both Tracy & aggietown have volunteered to buy the UK versions. (Extra UK versions are ok. Going by reputation, they will be winners and we can all have an extra taste.)

Attendees: The following people should be there: me, TracyColorado, 4RTrip, chissis, finalement!, CarMar, Pinkfluffykitten, Myrtletheturtle, Adamhornets, Salis4, aggietown, and possibly tonymoco, plus assorted spouses, babies, etc. I expect about 26 in all.

Changes, keeping in touch: Adamhornets has volunteered to be the 'communication centre'. He will monitor/post any changes and will phone me in London to keep me informed. He has volunteered to contact anyone else who will not be near a computer. Just send your contact details to adamhornets@yahoo.com. Thanks Adam.

Looking forward to meeting all of you at The Lamb!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,227 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: May 29th Great TALF Pub Night: Final (?) Arrangements

Thanks for the recap, Bedlace.

I hope to make it...boyfriend is quite excited about this meeting now too!

Colorado
Level Contributor
468 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: May 29th Great TALF Pub Night: Final (?) Arrangements

Bedlace, have a safe and pleasant trip over and I'm looking forward to meeting you and all the other TALFers attending. Thanks again to Adam for being the local contact. I would love to meet all the others at the May 13th gathering but hope to hear all about it on the 14th. See you in 26 days!

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,561 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: May 29th Great TALF Pub Night: Final (?) Arrangements

hi, dont know if I will be able to go to this one as I start my new job on the 16th and will be on shift by then so dont know if I will be working that evening or will be having to get up at 4am etc for an early the next day :(

will try and make the 13th though, hubby has the day off so maybe we will pop along to that:)

Halifax, NS
Level Contributor
3,214 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: May 29th Great TALF Pub Night: Final (?) Arrangements

Pinketc., hope you can get to both meetings, but if not, see you on the 13th.

Peoria, AZ
Level Contributor
97 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: May 29th Great TALF Pub Night: Final (?) Arrangements

As usual, thanks Bedlace. We'll see you there!

F.

Bryan, TX
14 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: May 29th Great TALF Pub Night: Final (?) Arrangements

All set here. Husband and I are really looking forward to it. We arrive that morning so I hope I sleep on the plane. The only other time I've been I was too excited and was up for 36 hours and felt really great up until the time my head hit the pillow. My sister suggest taking Tylenol PM just before I board. Anyone know if this works?

Looking forward to meeting everyone. Have a nice flight bedlace.

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
40,234 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: May 29th Great TALF Pub Night: Final (?) Arrangements

Change of meet time:

The Lamb on Sundays doesn't open in the evenings until 7.00pm so we will be banging on the doors at that time!!

Hope that is not inconvienent.

Adam

New York, US
Level Contributor
135 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: May 29th Great TALF Pub Night: Final (?) Arrangements

I could definitely meet you guys on Sunday.. hope to recognize everyone :)

Fort Payne, Alabama
Level Contributor
18 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: May 29th Great TALF Pub Night: Final (?) Arrangements

7:00 works better for me. Hope to see y'all then.