We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tube hours??

Which London hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Tube hours??

I am taking the EuroStar train from London to Paris and my train leaves at 5:30 in the morning. Does the underground Tube run that early in the morning? I need to make sure I can get from my hotel (Millennium Gloucester London) to the train station. How early do I need to get to the train? Any ideas???

Thanks!

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
54,943 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tube hours??

The first trains are around 0500, so not ideal to get you from Gloucester Road to Waterloo, since you should be at the rail station by that time, and it takes about 15 minutes to get from GR to Waterloo. The N74 bus isn't ideal either, since you'd have to make at least two changes, so it looks like a taxi ride for you.

Londinium born and...
Level Contributor
4,212 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Tube hours??

This gives checkin details.

www.eurostar.com/dctm/jsp/subhome/detail.jsp…

At that hour in the morning it might be easier for you to ask your hotel to book you a taxi. There won't be much traffic about so it shouldn't take long (about 15 - 20 minutes?) or cost too much and will save you time and energy shlepping your bags about on public transport.

Looks like you have to check in at least 30 minutes before so if you leave at 5.00 - 4.15 by taxi, you'd have plenty of time to spare. They drop you off right outside the entrance.

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tube hours??

How much are taxi rides from this area to Waterloo? I have heard of a lot of bad things about taxi rides in London and getting ripped off.

Thanks for your help!

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tube hours??

Thanks for all your help!

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
54,943 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tube hours??

Black cab rates are set by the Public Carriage Office, and for a trip of no more than four miles, you shouldn't pay more than 10GBP. The Millennium should be able to hail a taxi for you at that time, since some companies charge if booked in advance.

You're welcome - have a good trip to Paris.