We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question about the tube

USA
Level Contributor
135 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Question about the tube

Is a one-day tube pass good for 24 hours from the time of purchase. Same for the three-day pass? Is there a four-day pass? Thanks.

Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath from...
5,356 Reviews
from $131.10*
Special Offer
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, and Bath...
2,127 Reviews
from $139.80*
$155.40
Likely To Sell Out
Warner Bros Harry Potter Admission...
512 Reviews
from $118.30*
Likely To Sell Out
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
477 Reviews
from $349.20*
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
57,448 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Question about the tube

One day, three, seven, then you're into season ticket category for a month and more.

The Travelcard is good for the day you buy it plus a bit - if you bought one on Friday, it'd be good from the time you bought it until 0430 Saturday morning - so you can use it on the last tube and/or night bus to get home. All the Travelcards work like this.

There's something very evocative about the driver leaning out the front of the train calling 'last train, last train!' while you run to catch the bugger.

S.F.
Level Contributor
6,314 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Question about the tube

We always buy the 7 day pass. Zones 1-2 no time restrictions. If you have to go out of the zone specification it's no big deal. Pub

USA
Level Contributor
135 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Question about the tube

Thanks Traveller. I was hoping it was for 24 hours. That would have fit my plans perfectly. I'll probably go for the day passes. You must have had some great nights out in London!

Mentioned in this post
London
London
England, UK
USA
Level Contributor
135 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Question about the tube

Pub -- wish I was going to be there long enough to get the 7-day pass. I have a feeling we'll be going to London again after this trip. Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
London
London
England, UK
London
Level Contributor
896 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Question about the tube

Do be aware that with one day Travelcards, there is a peak and an off-peak version. If you want one for before 9.30am on the day of purchase it will be peak rate, so for zones 1 and 2 this would be GBP 6 versus GBP 4.70.

These time restrictions don't apply to 3 and 7 day passes so you're likely to find these to be better value for money.

See tfl.gov.uk/tfl/fares-tickets/2005/index.shtml for detailed info on fares and tickets.