We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather this coming week?

New York
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Topic
Weather this coming week?

Is it coled now? I see that this week will be in the 60's and rainy. Will it be chilly? are people wearing shorts or capris now or will I look silly wearing them?

thanks in advance

C

Best Seller
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle and Bath...
5,662 Reviews
from $122.40*
Best Seller
Stonehenge, Windsor, and Bath with...
2,249 Reviews
from $112.50*
Best Seller
London Harry Potter Tour of Warner...
746 Reviews
from $102.40*
Brighton, United...
Destination Expert
for Brighton
Level Contributor
4,526 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather this coming week?

looks like we're in a spell of unsettled weather (so whats new!), showery rain forcast for most days for the coming week, temps low-mid 60s, so i doubt you'll see many people wearing shorts just yet - except for tourists and small children! :-)

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
13,993 posts
386 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather this coming week?

Sorry for butting in here but will be in London this afternoon and wondering what the weather is looking like today. The forecast for the week says for showers. I am bringing a fleece jacket !! Is that a sensible idea. I don't like bringing too much, but I don't want to freeze either.

What is a capri. It used to be a Ford car, but obviously that was in the dark ages.

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
13,993 posts
386 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather this coming week?

bump

Nice, France
Destination Expert
for Brighton, Nice
Level Contributor
6,629 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather this coming week?

Today is meant to be 16ºC and sunny. Weds thru Fri is meant to be about 16ºC with rain and even thunderstorms (esp. Thurs).

16ºC is about 60ºF - not shorts weather, though you will see cropped trousers with boots or flats.

Capris are trousers that come to mid-calf or just below:

http://images.google.com/images?um=1&tab=wi&client=safari&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&rls=en&q=capri+pants

5. Re: Weather this coming week?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 am, August 14, 2009