We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Theater Accessibility

London, United...
Level Contributor
158 posts
1 review
Theater Accessibility

I'm getting ready to book theater tickets for my parents for June. My mom uses a walker. She doesn't need an accessible seat, and can manage a few stairs at a time, but has trouble with a flight of stairs. I'm trying to research the theaters to see if I need to book seats in the stalls only or if many of the theaters have lifts or ramps to the upper tier seats. Is there an easier way to do this than to call each theater -- I tried looking at a couple websites and I can find only info on which seats are accessible - I assume to accommodate a wheelchair. I'm looking at the Globe and I'm not quite sure yet what other theaters. The walker folds up - not sure we can store it by the seats but I guess someone in our party can check it in to a coat room? Any advice is appreciated!

3 replies to this topic
London, United...
Level Contributor
437 posts
19 reviews
14 helpful votes
1. Re: Theater Accessibility

It's going to entirely depend from theatre to theatre. However you won't generally find lifts, and many have a lot of stairs.

Also bear in mind that some theatres the stalls will be downstairs. They aren't always on ground level. When you know what you want to see, it will be easier to work out accessibility issues.

The Globe have a dedicated accessibility line if you want to contact them for help - see their page here https:/…access

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
7,878 posts
4 reviews
2. Re: Theater Accessibility

Try this

theatremonkey.com/zzAccessibilitySection.pdf

You may have to print it out as it displays on it's side.

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,943 posts
280 reviews
107 helpful votes
3. Re: Theater Accessibility

call the theatre directly and tell them your situation. they will have specific seats for those less able. I've done it a few times when my mother has come from Ireland. Any of the theatres I've called have helped us and usually when we get there, one of the staff do come and make sure all is ok.

Reply to: Theater Accessibility
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted