We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lumiere London 2019

Santa Clarita...
Level Contributor
115 posts
18 reviews
18 helpful votes
Lumiere London 2019

Hi, does anyone know if the Lumiere festival is returning to London in January 2019 and, if so, what the dates will be? Thanks so much for any info.

30 replies to this topic
London, United...
Level Contributor
718 posts
33 reviews
34 helpful votes
1. Re: Lumiere London 2019

Hi, it's on 18-21st January 2019

Edited: 4:44 pm, September 20, 2018
Santa Clarita...
Level Contributor
115 posts
18 reviews
18 helpful votes
2. Re: Lumiere London 2019

Thank you so much Red W - that's great news! Was hoping it would be around those days because that will coincide with my visit to wonderful London.

London, United...
Level Contributor
742 posts
38 reviews
7 helpful votes
3. Re: Lumiere London 2019

The 18th-21st January were the 2018 dates, unfortunately some posters on the tube have not been taken down yet and may lead to confusion.

I volunteer through Team London (City Hall) every summer, and at the Thank You event they would usually mention major events like Lumiere (and have in 2015 and 2017) as a lot of volunteers at the two previous Lumiere Festivals were from Team London. Nothing was mentioned this time and I don't think it will be on in 2019 but keep an eye on the website in case something changes https://www.visitlondon.com/lumiere

Santa Clarita...
Level Contributor
115 posts
18 reviews
18 helpful votes
4. Re: Lumiere London 2019

Darn - was hoping to experience it - but I appreciate knowing beforehand that it probably won't be on. I'll keep checking the website though - and thanks for the heads up.

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
5,793 posts
28 reviews
22 helpful votes
5. Re: Lumiere London 2019

Lumiere London is an offshoot of the longer-running Lumiere Durham, which has always been biennial. Artichoke, who run both, have announced the next Lumiere Durham in November 2019; while they haven’t yet announced it, that would probably lead to Lumiere London in 2020. No hope of one in 2019, though.

https:/…

Santa Clarita...
Level Contributor
115 posts
18 reviews
18 helpful votes
6. Re: Lumiere London 2019

Thanks so much for the info. I guess we will just have to return to London in January 2020!

1 post
2 reviews
1 helpful vote
7. Re: Lumiere London 2019

There's also the Canary Wharf Light Festival which will take place from 16th to 27th January. It's smaller but quite nice though. :-)

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,327 posts
377 reviews
110 helpful votes
8. Re: Lumiere London 2019

Agree the Canary Wharf lights are worth visiting. Might be ideal for some as you’re walking around the CW estate which is of course much smaller and more manageable for some.

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
5,793 posts
28 reviews
22 helpful votes
9. Re: Lumiere London 2019

Thanks both; didn’t know about that. I really enjoyed Lumiere London both times it’s been, had no idea there was another one I could have been going to!

Santa Clarita...
Level Contributor
115 posts
18 reviews
18 helpful votes
10. Re: Lumiere London 2019

Thanks for the info Migi84 and Robert W - that's good news! The photos online look wonderful. And Canary Wharf is a relatively easy tube ride from our hotel. There is just something about lights in the dark of winter that is kind of magical.

Reply to: Lumiere London 2019
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted