We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how far from London to Bath??

Which London hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
ct
Level Contributor
146 posts
Save Topic
how far from London to Bath??

We will be in london for 7 days is Bath to far to go for the day and what would be the best transportation to get there for a family of five?

Seattle
Level Contributor
9,650 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: how far from London to Bath??

pk1013: The train takes about 1-1/2 hours. See times and fares at www.nationalrail.co.uk. Several tour companies (Evan Evans, Astral and Golden, et al.) offer tours from London via vans/buses.

Redlands, California
Level Contributor
2,925 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: how far from London to Bath??

Bath is a wonderful day trip from London. It is very easy to travel there by train from Paddington station. As Lee said, it takes about 90 minutes and you don't have to change trains on the way there or back. We waited until 9:30 to travel as that is when the fares dropped. We still had time when we got there to go to the Jane Austen Center, the Roman Baths, the Costume Museum and #1 Royal Crescent.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
125 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: how far from London to Bath??

I agree that the train if probably best, but if costs are a problem, consider the coach. (bus). We took the national coach from Victoria Coach Station to Bath. Very nice bus, takes about 2 hours i recall.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
251 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: how far from London to Bath??

We took a day trip via the Grayline Tours company. It was a whole day trip to Windsor Castle/Stonehenge/Bath. It was a GREAT trip and I recommend it. It was an hour to each place and a 3 hour drive back from Bath to London...

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
31,472 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: how far from London to Bath??

<<< It was an hour to each place >>>

shudder... except for Stonehenge

Hampshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Amesbury, London
Level Contributor
6,694 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: how far from London to Bath??

Hi, your family of five: Is it 2 adults and 3 children under 16? I just did a quick price check - and day returns were coming up as £164.50 for the 5 of you. I'm sure there could be cheaper prices, but I just wanted to show you the price differential with a family railcard (which you purchase for £20) as that is coming up as £88.50 with a railcard.

Sometimes you can find cheap seats on megatrain.com but I just had a quick look and couldn't find anything!

7. Re: how far from London to Bath??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:19 am, August 31, 2009