We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nice park around Heathrow airport

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
36 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Nice park around Heathrow airport

Hi all,

I will be staying at Premier Inn heathrow and have extra 3 hours 9am-12pm.Can you recommend some nice park or places for me to visit around the airport.Thank you.

Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, and Bath...
5,427 Reviews
from $124.40*
Stonehenge, Windsor and Bath with Pub...
2,162 Reviews
from $127.10*
Likely To Sell Out
Warner Bros. Studio: The Making of...
551 Reviews
from $112.20*
12 replies to this topic
London England
Level Contributor
2 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nice park around Heathrow airport

There are many possibilities, all within an easy Uber from you. Savill Gardens in Windsor great Park would be my first choice, lovely gardens and good views and walks away from traffic. National trust properties at Osterley house and Ham house, or perhaps a bit tight for time , but a must see is, Kew Gardens

Mentioned in this post
Windsor
Windsor
Windsor and Maidenhead, UK
Ham House
Ham House
556 Reviews
Richmond-upon-Thames, UK
Kew
Kew
Richmond-upon-Thames, UK
London, United...
Level Contributor
10,512 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nice park around Heathrow airport

There are three Premier Inns with Heathrow in their name, do you know which one it is. Heathrow covers a large area, do you just want somewhere for a walk?

I don’t think 3 hours would be enough for Savill Gardens or Kew. The traffic to Syon Park at that time of day can be horrible.

Edited: 2:31 am, June 12, 2018
Mentioned in this post
Heathrow Airport
Heathrow Airport
Hounslow, UK
Kew
Kew
Richmond-upon-Thames, UK
Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
36 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nice park around Heathrow airport

is premier inn terminal 4

London, United...
Level Contributor
10,512 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nice park around Heathrow airport

Do you want somewhere to walk to or will you get a bus or some other kind of transport?

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Lake District
Level Contributor
3,937 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nice park around Heathrow airport

Osterley Park is a good shout. Just be aware that the walk to the main park is probably 10-15 minutes from the tube station, depending on how far you walk.

There is also a park only about 3-4 miles away from your hotel called Cranford Park. I haven't been since I was a teenager many years ago but I believe it has been improved a lot over the last 10-15 years. There is an old church there with a ghost called The Grey Lady. Certainly when I went to that part of the park with friends when I was younger we found it very spooky around there. If you were staying at the PI Bath Road you could've walked it from the hotel very easily, but it's not far from T4 either. I would imagine Osterley Park might be an easier journey for you though.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
36 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nice park around Heathrow airport

Hi it can be a nice park or somewhere to walk.

May i also ask is there any free shuttle to premier inn terminal 4 from terminal 5 arrival hall?

Edited: 3:08 am, June 12, 2018
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
4,220 posts
288 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nice park around Heathrow airport

The 490 bus from T5 is free, Premier inn Terminal 4 is stop E Starlight Way on the map below.

https://tfl.gov.uk/bus/route/490/…

London, United...
Level Contributor
9,175 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Nice park around Heathrow airport

In addition to the 490 the 482 also goes along the same route as far as Hatton Cross.

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
4,760 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Nice park around Heathrow airport

Osterley Park is indeed a good shout. The park is free to enter, but it exists because it is the grounds of Osterley House, originally 16th C but remodelled by Robert Adam in the 1760s. It would undoubtedly have featured in a Jane Austen film by now except for the aircraft noise. Entry fee is £11.40, as per #1 it's a National Trust property.

https:/…osterley-park-and-house

Greater London...
Level Contributor
1,167 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Nice park around Heathrow airport

Cranford Park includes Crane Meadows see here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crane_Meadows.

Never been there but may Harmondsworth Moor and there is also Runnymede for a bit of history also.

Reply to: Nice park around Heathrow airport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted