We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

US credit card premier inn

Virginia
Level Contributor
27 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
US credit card premier inn

I also had a problem booking with a US credit card at premier inn, and I see this has been going on for at least five years from other posts on this forum. My reservation is in limbo, they may or may not charge me at some point and they may or may not accept my card when I arrive. This is very disturbing.

The problem is not with my credit card, which is a travel card and has been used for other hotels, train tickets, etc.

Has anyone with this problem had an issue upon arrival? Were you able to keep the Saver rate or were you charged a higher rate?

Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, and Bath...
5,430 Reviews
from $123.60*
Stonehenge, Windsor and Bath with Pub...
2,165 Reviews
from $126.30*
Likely To Sell Out
Warner Bros. Studio: The Making of...
554 Reviews
from $111.50*
59 replies to this topic
1. Re: US credit card premier inn

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:55 pm, June 11, 2018

London, United...
Level Contributor
9,191 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: US credit card premier inn

Saver rate rooms are payable at the time of booking as per their T&C's, Premier Saver: A Premier Saver is a discounted rate that may be available at selected hotels subject to availability.  Payment in full is required for all Premier Saver bookings at the time of booking. Because Premier Saver rooms are made available at a discounted rate, these rooms and any meals or other extras booked with them cannot be amended or refunded.

Virginia
Level Contributor
27 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: US credit card premier inn

I'm very happy for you Charliie, but apparently I am not the only one and Premier Inn admits they have a problem with US credit card holders trying to book on their website. Unfortunately I cannot get a definitive response as to if and when I will be charged, if my reservation and, especially, my Saver rate, will be respected, and if my card will be accepted upon arrival.

My question is directed at people who have had the same problem, especially this year. Was your reservation respected? Was your credit card accepted upon arrival?

The Saver rate is completely non-refundable, so I can neither attempt another reservation at this hotel or elsewhere without losing quite a bit of money.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g18633…

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g18633…

Virginia
Level Contributor
27 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: US credit card premier inn

ElmersEnd, I do not want to cancel my reservation. I want it charged and confirmed.

5. Re: US credit card premier inn

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:55 pm, June 11, 2018

6. Re: US credit card premier inn

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

Removed on: 1:56 pm, June 11, 2018
Edited: 1:56 pm, June 11, 2018

New Mexico
Level Contributor
12,759 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: US credit card premier inn

I read the two posts you linked to . My interpretation is that the problems with US credit cards at PI stopped 5 years ago, not that they have been ongoing.

Illinois
Level Contributor
18,133 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: US credit card premier inn

Not much help to you, but I was the OP on one of your linked threads and I haven't tried booking with Premier Inn again since then.

Lockhart, Texas
Destination Expert
for Austin
Level Contributor
1,949 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: US credit card premier inn

I stayed two weeks at Premier Inn London County Hall in April this year, and the only minor issue I had was wholly with my card issuer, Capitalone. Booking went fine, but my bank bounced my first attempt, and I simply had to fix it by answering their text inquiry. It was my first UK charged, so it broke my established pattern. They no longer want to know about travel in advance, so I expect this sort of thing to happen. But it cost me only 30 seconds to fix and had nothing to do with PI.

I would imagine this is not so much a PI problem as a problem with whatever processor they use or used.

Mentioned in this post
Premier Inn London County Hall Hotel
Premier Inn London...
8,017 Reviews
London, UK
Hatfield, United...
Level Contributor
130 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: US credit card premier inn

It could be that it's your card issuer that's at fault. Here in the UK, banks monitor spending on cards and if something "unusual" e.g a large transaction, a transaction abroad it flags up and the bank stops use of the card until you tell them it's OK - it's a fraud prevention measure.

Reply to: US credit card premier inn
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted