We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Does 2-4-1 work for kids tickets

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
214 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Does 2-4-1 work for kids tickets

I searched but couldn't find a direct answer to this question. Trying to find out if 2-4-1 works on kids tickets? For example, we are 2 adults and 2 kids (16 & 17) - My husband and I will purchase one adult ticket and get one free. Does the 2-4-1 apply to kids at all and how does it work - do you purchase a kid ticket and get one free? Trying to figure out if it will be more cost effective to purchase a family package in advance on line or wait and purchase at attraction with 2-4-1. TIA.

11 replies to this topic
London, United...
Level Contributor
9,175 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Does 2-4-1 work for kids tickets

More than likely your kids will pay adult prices at their ages as well as being classed as adults for travel on the buses,tube etc.

So no kids charges available for your family and will be classed as 4 adults and will need to show 4 tickets for the 2for1 offers.

Edited: 4:03 pm, June 08, 2018
U.S. expats
Destination Expert
for Windsor, London, Dry Tortugas National Park
Level Contributor
20,589 posts
232 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Does 2-4-1 work for kids tickets

You can use the 2-4-1 for your kids, but one of them would need to pay an adult fare for his or her sibling to get in for free.

In some cases, but not many, it may be cheaper to pay for the kids entries outright.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pollenca, Port de Pollenca
Level Contributor
11,090 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Does 2-4-1 work for kids tickets

(Unfortunately) there's no double discounting for anyone; so you can't have a reduced kids entry price "and" have 2FOR1 as well for the same person.

I say that as we are seniors. When using 2FOR1, we have to pay the one full adult price, and not the seniors' reduced price.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
214 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Does 2-4-1 work for kids tickets

Great, thank you for the clarification. Since my kids do qualify for a reduced kids price at this attraction the 2-4-1 is only a few dollars savings in which case it may be worth it to just buy on line and avoid ticket lines. Thanks again, all of you experts have been invaluable in the planning of my trip!

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,090 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Does 2-4-1 work for kids tickets

<<it may be worth it to just buy on line and avoid ticket lines>>

What ticket lines are those ?

The info about fast-track and skip-the-line is misleading marketing blub (for "most" places). The queues tend to be for the security checks - and everyone gets checked (even those so-called skip-the-line-people)

In general the ticket buying on the day is very quick and efficient - a few mins at most. Eg for me in past two summers ToL 1 mins, St Pauls 3 mins, WA 3 mins, Kew 1 min, Greenwich attractions 2 mins.

For places with timeslots (Churchill, HoP, Eye) then pre-purchasing is essential. London Eye is questionable as you only want to go in good weather. Madame Tussauds has huge queues, so do pre-buy for that.

Edited: 4:43 pm, June 08, 2018
Mentioned in this post
St Paul's Hotel
St Paul's Hotel
564 Reviews
London, UK
Kew
Kew
Richmond-upon-Thames, UK
Greenwich
Greenwich
5,477 Reviews
London, UK
Coca-Cola London Eye
Coca-Cola London Eye
72,241 Reviews
London, UK
Madame Tussauds London
Madame Tussauds London
26,789 Reviews
London, UK
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
214 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Does 2-4-1 work for kids tickets

The attraction is Bletchley Park. We want to have time back in London in the late afternoon as it's our last day so any time savings will be worth it. Do you know anything about BP? Lines, etc.?

Mentioned in this post
Bletchley Park
Bletchley Park
6,006 Reviews
Milton Keynes, UK
London
London
England, UK
Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,090 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Does 2-4-1 work for kids tickets

Bletchley Park - I've been twice 2016 & 2017 both in summer. Superb..

Absolutely no concern about ticket lines there, 2 mins max, probably less..

Went twice as we were surprised how much there was there, ran out of time on first visit (thought it was going to be quick with not a lot there) and had to get back to central London. Second visit was to cover things we had missed; and repeat some other things.

Use the free audio guide, and once you've gone outside, enter the building on your R first, then gradually uphill towards the famous huts and the house; ie go kind of anti-clockwise; we made the mistake of going clockwise and mis-judged timings

Edited: 4:58 pm, June 08, 2018
Mentioned in this post
Bletchley Park
Bletchley Park
6,006 Reviews
Milton Keynes, UK
London
London
England, UK
Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,090 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Does 2-4-1 work for kids tickets

Oh - another thing -

When you exit Bletchley Park station, don't put your train tickets in the exit gates (they eat them).

You must retain them to show with the 241 voucher (it's too easy to copy what normal passengers in front of you do). Exit via an attended barrier and say you need to retain the train tickets.

Mentioned in this post
Bletchley Park
Bletchley Park
6,006 Reviews
Milton Keynes, UK
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
214 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Does 2-4-1 work for kids tickets

Oh wow, thank you so much for the advice. This was my son's pick after watching the Imitation Game but we're all looking forward to it. I can only hope to be able to return one day!

New Mexico
Level Contributor
12,690 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Does 2-4-1 work for kids tickets

I doubt there will be lines at Bletchley Park, they are very organized and examined our vouchers and train tickets very closely. I think you will have to buy two adult tickets and you will get two free admissions. I would be surprised if you don't.

The only information on BP 2 for 1 that I could find, shows Adult: Admission @£18.50

<https://www.daysoutguide.co.uk/bletchley-park

<One printed voucher is required per two people, per attraction. One person pays the full adult price and the second person goes free on presentation of each voucher and pair of valid National Rail tickets.>

You are still getting a good deal, saving £11.25 from the price of a family ticket, £48.25

Mentioned in this post
Bletchley Park
Bletchley Park
6,006 Reviews
Milton Keynes, UK
Reply to: Does 2-4-1 work for kids tickets
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted