We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Heathrow Hotel

Iceland
Level Contributor
20 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Heathrow Hotel

Me and my girlfriend will arrive at 10 o'clock during the evening on the 31st of May at Heathrow. We then have a outbound fly at the same time next day from the same airport. We would like to get some shopping done in London next but seeing that we have just returned from Egypt on our way back home to Iceland, it would be good to get straight into a hotel near Heathrow and head to London next day. Wouldn't it sound wise? What hotels would you advise? I've found great prices on Ibis Heathrow, Best Western Master Robert. Has anyone any knowledge or a recommendation of something else in the same price category.

Halifax, NS
Level Contributor
3,265 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Heathrow Hotel

If you enter 'Heathrow hotels' in the search function for this forum, you'll find lots of suggestions, in every price range, for hotels near Heathrow.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
56,359 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Heathrow Hotel

Godin daginn. The only thing about your plan is that you'll have to travel into London the morning of 01 June, then go back to your hotel to collect your bags, or pay to store them.

You'll be weary after flying from Egypt (how exciting!), but why not stay at a hotel in London, where you might be able to leave your bags, then collect them on the way back to LHR for your flight to KEF? Then you can get a Travelcard the next day (only 4.70GBP for travel after 0930), do what you like, then hop on the Piccadilly line back to T2 for your flight (is that the 2130 with FI?), having picked up your things at the hotel. You'll need to pay an excess fare for the trip from central London to LHR, but that's easy to do.

The Best Western Burns is quite near Earl's Court station, which will give you direct access to LHR, as well as good connections to the rest of the city. There are a Quality Hotel, Comfort Inn and a Holiday Inn nearby as well - all would be quite good.

Hope this helps - have a great time in Egypt and in London.

Iceland
Level Contributor
20 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Heathrow Hotel

And I thought that the other way around would be easier. So you would recommend this instead? Aren't there any hotels within walking distance from Heathrow? Would you recommend the hotels that you mentioned?

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
56,359 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Heathrow Hotel

The hotels near LHR aren't really within walking distance, but there are some London buses that are free within the Heathrow area (numbers 105, 11, 140), or a minibus that charges 5GBP airport-hotel return.

The Best Western Burns and Comfort Inn are fairly civilised, and the Holiday Inn Kensington Forum is quite smart. The reviews for the Ibis and Master Robert don't look very good, but it's really up to you.

If it were up to me, I would head into town when I arrived, but make sure the hotel could store my bags the next day, so I could be free for shopping etc. Only you know what will work for you and your girlfriend, though. Good luck!

Iceland
Level Contributor
20 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Heathrow Hotel

Thanks a lot. I guess I'll do what you've recommended. And then pick one of the hotels you mentioned.

Iceland
Level Contributor
20 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Heathrow Hotel

Sorry, one more question regarding Best Western Burns. Have you stayed there? We can expect clean rooms etc. About getting there, I found this on their site:

How to get here from Heathrow Airport: By Tube - Take the Piccadilly line to Earls Court. By Train - Take the Heathrow Express to Paddington, then take a taxi or a District Line Tube Train to Earls Court.

What would you recommend? It should be cheaper to take the tube. Right?

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
56,359 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Heathrow Hotel

I haven't stayed at the Burns, but I had booked there - not staying because I found a deal for an apartment, and I'm staying a week. My sister works for Best Western, and she said their info on the hotel says it's good.

The Piccadilly line to Earl's Court will take you right there - take the Earl's Court Road exit (east end of the station - there should be a lift from Piccadilly line to street level) and turn right to get to the hotel. Going to Paddington is out of the way and too expensive. There are two grocery stores (late opening), a chemist, a Marks & Spencer Simply Food, and a couple of newsagents along the Earl's Court Road, in case you need a snack or a newspaper.

Again - good luck - hope you have a good stay.