We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coming to London

Level Contributor
65 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Coming to London

Hello,

I will be traveling to London in July very excited about it. I was checking out things to do and I was interested in the Thames Hop-On Hop-Off River Cruise. I was wondering if while on the boat are we able to see David Gilmour's house boat ( that would be so awesome.) If not, is there a way I am able to get to it? I know I wont be able to go in but I just want some pictures of it for my album.

Best Seller
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle and Bath...
5,675 Reviews
from $123.20*
Best Seller
Stonehenge, Windsor, and Bath with...
2,250 Reviews
from $125.90*
Best Seller
London Harry Potter Tour of Warner...
747 Reviews
from $103.10*
26 replies to this topic
London, United...
Level Contributor
10,532 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Coming to London

Do you mean this one? en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astoria_(recording_studio)

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
142 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Coming to London

There's some information here:

http://www.gilmourish.com/?p=1454

Harrow, United...
Destination Expert
for York
Level Contributor
9,697 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Coming to London

From what info I've found the boat is moored on Tagg Island (near hampton court). It is a secluded area of the river well outside the thames clipper route. Whether you can see any of the boat I'm not sure as it's a private island. You may be able to glimpse it from the river bank.

https://www.taggs-island.com/

Level Contributor
65 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Coming to London

Thank you,

I am a huge fan Pink Floyd especially Mr. Gilmour. I saw him when he was in NY 2016 but missed Roger in 2017. I will be coming from America mainly to see Roger in concert in Hyde Park. I have always wanted to go to England. I'm only going to be there for about 5 days I am going to Abbey Rd, Camden Lock and going to the Roundhouse. Are there any other's that should be a must on my list other than the normal Buckingham Palace and the London Eye ?

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
142 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Coming to London

I suspect you might like to include a walk along the Thames to see Battersea Power Station as featured on the front cover of Animals.

Edited: 11:38 am, January 12, 2018
Level Contributor
65 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Coming to London

YES!!!! I would love to see that, is it easy to get too? Also I was wondering if I was able to see Astoria from Hurst Park?

London, United...
Level Contributor
171 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Coming to London

Bear in mind that Abbey Rd, Camden Lock and Roundhouse are not particularly amazing attractions - Abbey Road is some distance from the main tourist spots, Camden is considered touristy/tacky nowadays and the roundhouse is simply a large building with not much to it.

I'm not saying don't go, you just need to consider if they're worth your time!

Level Contributor
65 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Coming to London

11mw11. What do you recommend?

Dresden, Germany
Level Contributor
1,586 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Coming to London

Battersea Power Station which featured on the Pink Floyd album cover is easy to reach. One station south of Victoria or buses serve the area. Be prepared to be underwhelmed though. Sadly, although the shell of this iconic London landmark still stands, B.P.S. and surrounding area are now almost unrecognisable. It's in the process of being converted into luxury flats. What has been done to the power station looks hidious imo. I shuddered when I first saw it last year.

Had you been a few years earlier. :(

Edited: 2:01 pm, January 12, 2018
London, United...
Level Contributor
4,225 posts
348 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Coming to London

If you do visit Abbey Road, let your friends know when you plan to be there. Then they can watch you walk across the crossing on the webcam.

https://www.abbeyroad.com/crossing

Here's some information about Pink Floyd sites in London which you can consider:

www.pinkfloydtouroflondon.com/lastgo.htm

And here's a rock tour:

londonrocktour.com/tour-4-pink-floyds-cambri…

Reply to: Coming to London
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted