We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

london tower v`s natural history

Devon
Level Contributor
443 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
london tower v`s natural history

I know you will have all read and answered this type of question a 100 times before but Im coming to London for a weekend with my husband (29th April), we are seeing 2 shows one on Friday evening and one on the Saturday evening, we only have the one full day which will be Saturday. We were going to just "take it as it comes" but then I thought we would waste the morning trying to decide what to do! what do other advisors think of London tower/dungeons v`s Natural history museum? for 2 adults accompanied by NO children. We are staying at the Kingsway Hall hotel.

Would be grateful for any advice from others who have been to these places and can help us decide which one.

Essex, England
Level Contributor
446 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: london tower v`s natural history

Hi Sherrie, in my opinion the London dungeons is for parties with children. We went last year with a couple in their early teens, my husband and I (mid 30's) found it very amaturish and not very good historically. Tower of London we also visited last year, and if you enjoy history it is very interesting, the Beefeaters are very knowledgable and amusing. Natural History Museum is a good standby. Have you considered the bus tour or duck tours of the city? On the bus tour you can jump on and off at will and they stop at these sites so you could go in if you wish. Hope this helps.

Devon
Level Contributor
443 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: london tower v`s natural history

Thanks coxy, I will cross The Dungeons off of the list! actually my husband suggested a bus tour, Iv read loads of posts asking about bus tours but never considered one for us so we may well go for that, as you said at least we can jump off if we see something that inspires us.

Sherrie

Portskewett, United...
Level Contributor
831 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: london tower v`s natural history

Sherrie,

Are you arriving by train?

If so have a look at www.london2for1.co.uk - some of the attractions and things like the duck tours have 2 for 1 offers but you have to show your train ticket.

I have done both the Tower and the Natural History and would be hard pressed to pick which one - they are both good in their own ways - I must admit I did like seeing the crown jewels!!

Sarah

London, United...
Level Contributor
6,188 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: london tower v`s natural history

Definitley the tower in my opinion.

Devon
Level Contributor
443 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: london tower v`s natural history

thankyou all for replying, especialy Sarah, I just looked on the 2for1 site you suggested, yes we are traveling by train and I can get 2 tickets to London Tower for the price of 1, that means only £6.50 each, brilliant!

Thanks again, Sherrie

MT
Viborg, Denmark
Level Contributor
459 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: london tower v`s natural history

Definately the Tower of London!

Bea
Sarasota, Fl
Level Contributor
1,084 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: london tower v`s natural history

Just thought I would add my 2 cents worth.

The Tower is real history.......though modernized and swept clean. I would say go there. Though London's Natural History museum is a great one, I would guess you could see that sorta stuff in a museum near you or in another city when you have more time...???

Devon
Level Contributor
443 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: london tower v`s natural history

Thanks everyone, looks like off to the tower for us!!

Sherrie

San Diego...
Level Contributor
3,514 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: london tower v`s natural history

Sherrie

I would suggest getting there right when the Tower opens and head straight for the Crown Jewels. When I did this I was the only one there. Later, I saw a long line out the door. The Beefeaters tours are fun. Enjoy the Tower.

Devon
Level Contributor
443 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: london tower v`s natural history

thanks Bob007, we will be heading out straight after breakfast as we only have the one day, did you buy your tickets in advance or on the day?

Sherrie