We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BST Hyde park Michael buble 13th July 2018

Plymouth, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Topic
BST Hyde park Michael buble 13th July 2018

Hi I stupidly picked first site to buy tickets and it was viagogo, will the event accept tickets from there? Also when’s a good time to get there to get a good spot, I have a general admissions ticket, is food expensive? What time will Michael buble be on?

Thanks

10 replies to this topic
Harrow, United...
Destination Expert
for York
Level Contributor
9,692 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: BST Hyde park Michael buble 13th July 2018

No idea about tickets sorry. However I can answer some of your other questions having attended quite a few previous BST concerts. The way BST is usually set up is it's like a small village inside with 2 stages...the main stage in the top left hand corner. There is usually a large metal fence about 10 rows back and people line up to go into this area maybe 30-45 minutes beforehand. However I have never done so as there is a slight grassy hill to the stage that most people stand on. There is a big screen nearby and if you choose the grassy area then you can move around easily. Time main act comes on varies but using 7pm-8pm baring in mind that Hyde part has a noise curfew of 10:30pm (due to rather expensive multi million pound places nearby). There is plenty of fast food stalls (you're looking at £7.50 for a burger and chips) and wine/beer stands (pint of beer was £6). There are usually promo companies giving away drink and food freebies - coke and some nutrition bar company last year I believe.

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,225 posts
348 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: BST Hyde park Michael buble 13th July 2018

If your tickets are legit sold through the reseller, then yes they'll be accepted.

The best time to arrive for a good view is as early as you can. But as with any festivals where there's multiple acts, people will come and go throughout.

Yes food is ridiculously expensive. Make sure you have enough cash too.

Machynlleth, United...
Level Contributor
2,406 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: BST Hyde park Michael buble 13th July 2018

I did exactly the same as you for the Tom Petty concert at BST this summer. It was about 30 years since I'd been to such an event, so I wasn't very clued up when buying online. I was sure the site I used had 'Official' on it and thought I was going through the event organiser's site; I'd never heard of Viagogo. When I discovered the BST website, and heard some bad stories about Viagogo, I was so worried that I bought another ticket from the BST site.

I needn't have worried; the original ticket from Viagogo turned up, and having two I was able to treat my friend. It didn't come until about 4 days beforecth concert, about 3 months after I'd ordered it. It was correctly sent to my holiday address, which I'd given them the week before 'just in case', but by then I had no real faith that it would come. The ticket I'd ordered from BST came within about a week of ordering, another reason why I was suspicious about the Viagogo site. Even when I received the Viagogo ticket I was still a bit worried that it might not be legit ( it didn't have my name on and the printed wording was a bit different) so I warned my friend, and wouldn't let her pay me, in case she wasn't admitted. There was no problem at all about being admitted.

I did feel a bit of a numpty thrice over, first for not ordering from BST in the first place, as the Viagogo ticket was more expensive, then for panicking and not trusting Viagogo would deliver it, and then for doubting it was genuine. So I know exactly how you feel! We live and learn!

I'm sure there can be problems with secondary seller sites like a Viagogo , in that some individuals re-selling a ticket may fail to deliver. But the vast majority of the sales must be OK otherwise they wouldn't still be in business. In this case, Viagogo genuinely has tranches of the BST concert tickets and , based on my experience, I don't think you need to worry. Just kick yourself for paying a bit more than you need have done.

Edited: 9:13 pm, December 13, 2017
London, United...
Level Contributor
166 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: BST Hyde park Michael buble 13th July 2018

event accept tickets from there? Also when’s a good time to get there to get a good spot, I have a general admissions ticket, is food expensive? What time will Michael buble be on?

Yes they'll accept tickets from there

Depends what you term a good spot - you won't be anywhere near the front unless you bought gold circle or premium circle (or whatever theyre called now) tickets - unfortunately BST have ruined Hyde Park gigs with this!

Yes food and drink is expensive, but no more than say The O2 or Wembley

Buble will be on between 8-9 (see stage times from a few years ago here https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CHtqtEtUMAQHIrC.jpg)

Note that they'll confirm times close to the day, there'll also be similar acts playing throughout the day https:/…British-Summer-Time-Collage.png

Malta
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: BST Hyde park Michael buble 13th July 2018

Am I allowed to take in a chair

Malta
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: BST Hyde park Michael buble 13th July 2018

Am i allowed to take in a deckchair..does anybody know..

London, United...
Level Contributor
10,528 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: BST Hyde park Michael buble 13th July 2018

No chairs permitted bst-hydepark.com/event-info/faqs/general-inf…

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
7,103 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: BST Hyde park Michael buble 13th July 2018

No chairs, but are ground sheets permitted ?

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
732 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: BST Hyde park Michael buble 13th July 2018

As for when to arrive, It was a great day out. I made sure before I went in I had a big meal. I think I went in close to the opening maybe 30 minutes later. Did find the food slightly expensive but not extreme.

The setup when I went that when the main stage was not being use the other two stage were. So people did move around. To get really close to the main stage you do need the better tickets but TBH with the big screams the atmosphere was great outside that area.

1 post
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: BST Hyde park Michael buble 13th July 2018

Yes me too, have you had any feedback?

Reply to: BST Hyde park Michael buble 13th July 2018
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted