We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

'Get Into London Theatre' promotion

Boulder, Colorado
Level Contributor
336 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
'Get Into London Theatre' promotion

The annual GILT promotion starts Tuesday 5 December for shows between Monday 1 Jan and Friday 9 February.

Over 45 shows are included and prices are: £10, £20, £30 or £40. Tickets can be purchased on line and are handled by Zee tickets. There is no commission, or fee of any kind. You can pick up tickets at the venue box office.

http://www.getintolondontheatre.co.uk/

My wife and I enjoy musicals and have used this promotion on our annual London trip to see shows such as: Wicked, Momma Mia, Phantom of the Opera and Kinky Boots. We also like to see short-run, less popular shows. When you select a day and performance you are offered seats at various prices and if you don't like the seats you can choose others. We use Theatre Monkey in advance to find seats we want.

http://www.theatremonkey.com/

Many Saturday and Sunday shows are included.

4 replies to this topic
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Hurghada
Level Contributor
10,048 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 'Get Into London Theatre' promotion

Thanks for the helpful information ☀

Boulder, Colorado
Level Contributor
336 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 'Get Into London Theatre' promotion

I just purchased tickets for five shows.

The online site has been changed from previous years and is easier to use with filter choices including day/time, price and type of show. After you select seats you have 15 minutes to complete payment information.

Western Australia
Level Contributor
206 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 'Get Into London Theatre' promotion

Thank you so much for the information. I have been looking at tickets for January for Phantom of the Opera but comparing the pound to the aussie dollar is dreadful.

I have now picked up 2 seats in the royal circle, row A for 40 pounds each. So, I think a saving.

Yeah, we are going to the Phantom!

Boulder, Colorado
Level Contributor
336 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 'Get Into London Theatre' promotion

One last detail that I found helpful. After you have selected information for a play, click on the name of the theatre and you are shown many how to get there specifics including an easy to use map.

Reply to: 'Get Into London Theatre' promotion
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted