We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

London parking

Buckie, United...
4 posts
Save Topic
London parking

Staying in Hemel Hempstead from 9/12/17 for a week looking to go into central London most days with the family, question is I will have a hire Car and was planing heading in down the M1 and parking at Brent Cross tube station and just getting the tube in and out from there daily, is Brent Cross good for parking?, and is it a good station for access in to central London?, and how long will the journey take from Hemel Hempstead to Brent Cross?

Best Seller
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, and Bath...
5,677 Reviews
from $122.50*
Best Seller
Stonehenge, Windsor and Bath with Pub...
2,251 Reviews
from $125.10*
Best Seller
Harry Potter Tour of Warner Bros...
747 Reviews
from $102.50*
10 replies to this topic
London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
23,843 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: London parking

Easier to get the train fro Hemel Hempstead into London (Euston I think). Brent Cross is a pain although there is a bus into central London - takes about an hour I think.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
7,120 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: London parking

Unless you have a very large family and are staying someway outside Hemel, then it will probably be cheaper to ditch the car and take the train into London. The train will certainly be quicker than driving as Hemel to Central London by train will be faster than underground from Brent Cross to Central London.

paris london
Level Contributor
4,861 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: London parking

The parking at the shopping centre is free and plentiful; however it is a good 15 mins walk to the tube station. The buses are nearer but they'll take ages to get into the centre.

Driving time depends exactly where you're travelling from, however I'd guess 30-60 mins depending on traffic. And there are often delays.

The train will of course be quicker, but it's a popular commuter route so you can expect a squeeze during peak hours

Buckie, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: London parking

Hi ....Thank you to everyone so far who has replied, still unsure, and grateful for all your help but ...... we are a family of 5. The train for the 5 of us over 5 day’s is too expensive from Hemel to London..... we are hiring a car from Luton to Hemel Hempstead..... (our a/c is just outside Hemel Hempstead).... we need to be in zone 4 for the tube .... Is London centre easily accessible from Brent Cross tube station or do I need to change at different stations... hope that makes sense ... it’s our first time to London with the family ..... thank you again I really am grateful for all your help

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
23,843 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: London parking

Why are your staying in Hemel Hempstead? No, as mentioned Brent Cross is not easily accessible because you've got to drive to the shopping centre (good luck with that in rush hours traffic) walk about 15 minutes to the tube or get a very long bus ride.

If you can change your accommodation I would. If you can't have a look at parking somewhere like Stanmore although you'll have the same problem driving to and from and like a lot of station car parks it can get full very early (week days).

Buckie, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: London parking

Was a tight budget couldn’t get anything nearer as the costs just rocketed as everywhere we tried wanted us to book 2 rooms due to there being 5 of us 🙁

Buckie, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: London parking

Heard that a lot of people drive so far in to London then use the tube which is what I was hopeing to be able to do 👍

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: London parking

Does anyone know if it’s possinle to leave the car parked at Stanmore station over the weekend? I.e; Saturday AM to Sunday PM? Just wanted to check there’s no time limit on the stay, and if anyone has ever done this while visiting London on the weekend?

Wiltshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Wiltshire
Level Contributor
10,986 posts
437 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: London parking

Post #8, yes, subject to space and paying - see https:/…

england
Level Contributor
6,593 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: London parking

have you looked at using a railcard? https://www.familyandfriends-railcard.co.uk/ What age are the kids?

Reply to: London parking
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted