We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TALF October pub meet - advance notice

Watford, United...
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
44,053 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
TALF October pub meet - advance notice

Things are quiet on the pub meet front at the moment and I'm off to the Pacific North West for a couple of weeks but I thought I would give you advance warning of a likely pub meet on Sunday October 22nd, venue to be decided but possibly The Lamb in Bloomsbury or The Blackfriar.

TALF veteran and pub meet co-founder Bedlace will be here from Canada as will another long standing TALFer in BTGM so we thought a meet would be in order.

So if you would like to join us please post below and if you are around in late September or during October and can't make the 22nd but could on another date then please post those dates and we will see if we can squeeze a second meet in.

Cheers!

Best Seller
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle and Bath...
5,677 Reviews
from $122.50*
Best Seller
Stonehenge, Windsor, and Bath with...
2,251 Reviews
from $125.10*
Best Seller
London Harry Potter Tour of Warner...
747 Reviews
from $102.50*
54 replies to this topic
Halifax, NS
Level Contributor
3,300 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: TALF October pub meet - advance notice

I'm also available from Oct. 10 - Oct. 15 and Oct. 20 - Oct. 26. I'd love to see old friends and make new ones.

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
781 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: TALF October pub meet - advance notice

I would love to join one of these ....I will be in Manchester for a few days in October so once you guys settle on a date I will try my best to get to London on my way back to Moscow :)

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,132 posts
211 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: TALF October pub meet - advance notice

I may be around too.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,099 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: TALF October pub meet - advance notice

Oh, wow. My last TALF pub meet was in 2009! I'd love to make it to another one!

I'm going to be in London for 9 nights in October, and could make a pub meet on Tuesday 3 Oct, and then any evening from 5 Oct through 11 Oct.

Halifax, NS
Level Contributor
3,300 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: TALF October pub meet - advance notice

Adam has nominated me as the official bumper-upper of this thread.

Illinois
Level Contributor
18,930 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: TALF October pub meet - advance notice

I was going to bump it up, but you beat me to it. I'm hoping for the Sunday as there's no theatre that night (or very little).

Somehow I never end up with enough nights in London!

Nijmegen...
Level Contributor
3,657 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: TALF October pub meet - advance notice

Alas we miss each other again BGTM, I wont be arriving till 05/11....

Meadow Lands...
Level Contributor
1,873 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: TALF October pub meet - advance notice

We are in London all day on October 20 and then from October 28-November 1.. Would love to join a TALF meet.

Illinois
Level Contributor
18,930 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: TALF October pub meet - advance notice

Well, I guess it's my fault, Inge, as I think you started planning your trip before I started planning mine. However, October is marginally more likely to have good weather than November, and this way my trip is before the clocks go back.

London
Destination Expert
for Thirassia, Fira
Level Contributor
16,394 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: TALF October pub meet - advance notice

I'm going to try and make it this time.

Forgive me for the hikjack, but looking even further ahead - is there any interest in a TALF pub meet at Wilton's Music Hall in November? I'm thinking Saturday, 11 November.

https://www.wiltons.org.uk

For those who don't know, Wilton's is one of the remaining music halls left - and has been lovingly restored.

Unfortunately, no pantomime this year , but they are presenting a Christmas offering:

"This marks the World Stage Premiere of Poet Laureate John Masefield’s 1935 Christmas classic, The Box of Delights, re-imagined especially for Wilton’s by Piers Torday"

https:/…365-the-box-of-delights

Reply to: TALF October pub meet - advance notice
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted