We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Concorde Roundabout Going At Heathrow

Heathrow
Level Contributor
131 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Concorde Roundabout Going At Heathrow

The Concorde parked at the main entrance to Heathrow has been a landmark for as long as I can remember. Millions of visitors are attracted to it every time they have used Heathrow.

Now its going!

British Airways are not renewing their lease on the roundabout and from April 1st, Emirates will replace BA as occupier. Exit model Concorde.

Speculation is that Emirates will replace the Concorde with an Airbus 380 model - I guess for this model to be realistic it won't be delivered for a couple of years.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
56,205 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Concorde Roundabout Going At Heathrow

Well, I emailed Gordon at concordesst.com and got the answer posted above. Interesting stuff.

Cheshire, England
Level Contributor
274 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Concorde Roundabout Going At Heathrow

I'm glad I fly out of Manchester and see her every time I fly!

13. Re: Concorde Roundabout Going At Heathrow

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, August 28, 2009