We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

7 Day Travelcard @ Heathrow

Burlingame...
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Topic
7 Day Travelcard @ Heathrow

Can I buy a 7-day Travelcard at Heathrow airport?

It is paper or plastic? Do I need a photo? Do I need to put it on an oyster card, or can I have a Travelcard without an oyster card?

Can't seem to find a definitive answer.

Mentioned in this post
Heathrow Airport
Heathrow Airport
Hounslow, UK
Best Seller
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, and Bath...
5,591 Reviews
from $119.40*
Best Seller
Harry Potter Tour of Warner Bros...
737 Reviews
from $107.70*
Best Seller
Stonehenge, Windsor and Bath with Pub...
2,224 Reviews
from $122.00*
24 replies to this topic
London
Level Contributor
11,911 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 7 Day Travelcard @ Heathrow

More info. Do you want the travelcard to benefit from 2-4-1 offers? Where will you be staying / visiting? (A travelcard bought at LHR will include z6, which costs a lot more and most people don't need that).

Mentioned in this post
Heathrow Airport
Heathrow Airport
Hounslow, UK
Burlingame...
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 7 Day Travelcard @ Heathrow

Tell me more about 2 for 1 offers?

I only need the 7-day, z1-2 travel card for 33 pounds.

Staying in Shoreditch. Taking purple line to black line to Old Street from LHR.

Mentioned in this post
Heathrow Airport
Heathrow Airport
Hounslow, UK
Hampshire, England.
Level Contributor
4,316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 7 Day Travelcard @ Heathrow

Travelcards and 2 for 1 offers:

https:/…2.4.1.Travelcards.Step.By.Step.html

London, United...
Level Contributor
10,109 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 7 Day Travelcard @ Heathrow

Purple (dark blue) is the Piccadilly line, the black line is the Nothern line. While the colours will show on the signs it may be easier to see the names of the lines.

Pick up a tube map at the underground station to help you find your way around, don't discount travelling on the buses or walking between places.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
58,569 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 7 Day Travelcard @ Heathrow

'Staying in Shoreditch. Taking purple line to black line to Old Street from LHR.' Ouch.

Where specifically have you booked to stay in Shoreditch? As above, please don't identify the lines by their colours but their names.

The change from the Piccadilly line to the Northern line at King's Cross station involves a hike of about 0.5 km and you'll then have the (dis)pleasure of stairs at Old Street station with a choice of nine points of ingress/egress from the station. Choose the wrong way out and you may not enjoy having to navigate the station again or the pedestrian crossings of the roundabout.

There may be a considerably easier way to travel from KX to your destination, but without knowing that it's impossible to say how best to travel. If you'd like advice let us know much more, please.

Mentioned in this post
Heathrow Airport
Heathrow Airport
Hounslow, UK
King's Cross Station
King's Cross Station
1,853 Reviews
London, UK
Burlingame...
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: 7 Day Travelcard @ Heathrow

My question is about buying a 7-day Travelpass, and whether I can buy it at Heathrow?

Mentioned in this post
Heathrow Airport
Heathrow Airport
Hounslow, UK
Burlingame...
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: 7 Day Travelcard @ Heathrow

2-4-1 doesn't apply, per your link:

"Also ineligible are seven day Travelcards purchased from an Overground station--these will be issued on Oyster, and will not allow you to take advantage of the 2-4-1 offers. "

London
Level Contributor
11,911 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 7 Day Travelcard @ Heathrow

You can. But that would be a z1/6 version which costs WAY more than £33, and doesn't qualify for 2-4-1.

So, although the answer is "yes", it probably isn't as you expected or your best option.

Burlingame...
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: 7 Day Travelcard @ Heathrow

Can I buy a 7-day Travelcard at Heathrow airport?

Mentioned in this post
Heathrow Airport
Heathrow Airport
Hounslow, UK
United States
Level Contributor
1,956 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: 7 Day Travelcard @ Heathrow

At the Heathrow Underground (Tube) station, you can get an Oyster card. Then, you can load PAYG (pay as you go) funds onto the card, and/or a TfL 7 day Travelcard. All you will physically have is the plastic Oyster card. Don't get a Visitor card, get a regular one from the machines. There are staff available to assist you. You don't need a photo.

If you want a 7-day paper Travelcard that is issued by National Rail, you cannot get that at Heathrow. You need a mainline train station to buy a National Rail Travelcard. People often want these, as they make you eligible for 2-4-1 entry to some attractions, with the Travelcard and the correct vouchers.

If you are travelling by yourself, then the 2-4-1 deals are of no interest to you.

If you will tell us where your hotel is, please, and the time and date of your arrival, you will get better advice and directions to your hotel, assuming you are planning to use public transit from Heathrow.

If you want to use your new Oyster card to get from Heathrow to a hotel in Shoreditch, then I should think you will need some PAYG funds as well as a zone 1-2 7 day travelcard, as Heathrow is not in zone 1 or one 2, but the experts here will know for certain.

Hope you enjoy your visit to London.

Mentioned in this post
Heathrow Airport
Heathrow Airport
Hounslow, UK
London Underground
London Underground
32,857 Reviews
London, UK
London
London
England, UK