We just returned from London last night. Here is what happened with the booking company Londonchoice.com:
1. We paid in FULL for our stay 30 days prior to arrival for a 2 Bedroom apartment.
2. Upon arrival (Monday afternoon), our apartment was not ready, so we were provided a 3 Bedroom apartment.
3. On Thursday night, we were informed by the cleaning people that we had to move our belongings to another apartment by 8 the following morning.
4. After repeated attempts to speak with the management company by leaving messages, he finally contacted us while were touring the Transport Museum at Covent Garden.
5. He said that we had to be out that day or we could go to a hotel. His reasoning was because we had the use of a nicer unit, we now had to move. It didn't make any difference to him what we were doing at the particular moment, nor that we had totally paid for the 2 bedroom apartment and he had failed to provide it.
6. After threatening to move our belongings, we settled on rushing back to the apartment and hurridly moving our belongings for a minimal adjustment in what we had paid: less than a full night's stay. As a result of the hurried move (just throwing stuff into the suitcases -- food from the fridge as well), we were late to a show we had booked that evening.
7. Apparently, because of the "settlement" we were no longer entitled to the maid service and clean linens that were provided to us in the previous apartment and which were to be provided as represented to us in the website representation.
8. The "new" apartment (not the one we had booked before); had been a smoking apartment (our youngest son has asthma and was miserable) -- we had specifically requested the other 2 bedroom apartment because it was a no-smoking apartment; there were 2 flights of stairs to walk after a lift which (if available) took us up 4 flights of stairs; and there were no amenities to speak of that were represented to be in the apartment, i.e., hairdryer, working shower, internet usage.
9. Finally, the attitude from the manager and his side-kick was simply amazing. Their "customer-service" approach was to shift the blame onto US!!!!
This management company requires FULL payment a full 30 days in advance. As a result, they knew or should have known of THEIR mistake a month prior to our arrival. Absent that, they knew or should have known that the apartment they provided to us had to be used by a larger family at the time they gave it to us, but told us we had less than 12 hours to vacate. Notwithstanding all of that, we had paid in FULL for the apartment 30 days in advance. Not only was the mistake theirs to own, their attitude was incredible.