We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good hearty breakfasts in the S. Kensington / Old Brompton...

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
394 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Good hearty breakfasts in the S. Kensington / Old Brompton...

I asked about this in the pork pie posting but thought it might get buried.

I'm looking for restaurants or hotels in this area that serve breakfasts beyond the typical continental offerings. We want to be able to start the day off with something hearty that will fuel us for a while.

Thanks, as always.

Monique

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
41,762 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good hearty breakfasts in the S. Kensington / Old Brompton...

I seem to recall a couple of small family owned cafes around South Kensington tube and there is a decent brasserie type place almost opposite Gloucester Road Tube. Next to Starbucks.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
117 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Good hearty breakfasts in the S. Kensington / Old Brompton...

We ate lunch at the brasserie that Adamhornets talked about in March 2004. Food was good. We would have tried it for breakfast but we were renting a flat and always ate at home. Prices aren't bad and pasteries were nice.

PMM

London
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Good hearty breakfasts in the S. Kensington / Old Brompton...

There's a new Carluccio's opposite South Ken Station. A bit pricey but good coffee and kind of glamorous.

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
2,515 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good hearty breakfasts in the S. Kensington / Old Brompton...

The Holiday Inn Kensington (more or less opposite Gloucester Rd tube on Cromwell Rd) do a great hot and cold buffet b/fast but I'm not sure what the price would be for non-residents.

There's also a Garfunkels in the complex by the tube which, while not the fanciest place, actually does a decent English b/fast at a reasonable price.

Level Contributor
161 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Good hearty breakfasts in the S. Kensington / Old Brompton...

Try Balans, Old Brompton Street.

Great breakfasts and good value all-day brasserie-type place.

It's popular with the local Sloanes (yep, there are some left !), families and gay crowd, so an eclectic mix ..welcome to London !!

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
394 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Good hearty breakfasts in the S. Kensington / Old Brompton...

I think there is a Balans here on Miami Beach also. Maybe I'll sample before I go so I can make the comparison.

Thanks for the suggestions. Keep them coming if you can think of anything else.