We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheap accommodation in England

Upminster, United...
Level Contributor
11,284 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Cheap accommodation in England

I am surprised that no one has ever recommended university rooms during the summer breaks.

Nearly all universities let out their student rooms. Most are single study rooms, but twin rooms and in some cases flats are available.

This is for the London Metropolitan University in the heart of the city.

londonmet.ac.uk/accommodation/summer-accommo…

We are open for group and individual bookings from June 27th till September 12th 2005. Our prices for 2005 for our single rooms are ��91 per person per week or ��23 per person per night.

A UK Google search for "university summer accommodation" finds many universities offering this.

Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, and Bath...
5,386 Reviews
from $126.10*
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath, Pub...
2,146 Reviews
from $128.90*
Likely To Sell Out
Warner Bros. Studio: The Making of...
539 Reviews
from $113.80*
London, UK
Level Contributor
5,466 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheap accommodation in England

Good thinking MrC.

One to look out for is the BathUni campus - this offers a chance to pitch in the West Country, plenty of time to explore the city, Stonehenge, Avebury etc.

From memory, the campus is modern & a bit out of town.

Upminster, United...
Level Contributor
11,284 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheap accommodation in England

It is many years since I stopped in one. But have stayed in Norwich, Birmingham and Leeds. Norwich was the smallest and I think that at Birmingham I had a twin room. Most rooms don't have any facilities other than a wash basin, but they are all clean and well kept.

Mentioned in this post
Norwich
Norwich
Norfolk, UK
Birmingham
Birmingham
West Midlands, UK
Leeds
Leeds
West Yorkshire, UK