We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bring out the barf bag...

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
5,456 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Bring out the barf bag...

Has anyone seen the review w/photos of Regent Palace Hotel? Stained mattress, bed bugs...oh my! I'm going to be sick...

Manhattan, NYC
Level Contributor
49 posts
1 review
Save Reply
61. Re: Bring out the barf bag...

It's fear of places like the Regent Palace that allow me to shell out $400 a night for an upscale hotel without flinching! I'm currently staying at One Aldwych and am happy as a clam.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
1,097 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
62. Re: Bring out the barf bag...

Ok, I was doing my occassional checking up on reviews for Regent Palace.... and I was shocked! Someone just gave it a good review and said it was clean! Amazing.. lucky them eh?

And I'm also kinda surprised when people say the hotel is awful but for such a great deal, they'll suffer. I dont' get it.. as I think that hotel is kinda pricey. (yes I know this is London)Yes, its in a great area but I've seen many hotels (with good reviews) for cheaper rates. Such as the hotel I'll be staying at. And for Regent Palace's hostel rooms, they're alot more money then the hostel Piccadilly Packbackers, which is across the street (which is where I stayed). And I know that Piccadilly Backpackers mattresses are clean because they hand you your sheets when you check in.. its a bare mattress.

Cape Town, South...
Level Contributor
1,498 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
63. Re: Bring out the barf bag...

Hi, saw you said you were staying at a hotel in central london for a cheaper rate than Regent Palace, that REALLY interests me. Which hotel and what rate have you been quoted, I am searching and searching and searching, but the cheapest for the central location that I can find in still Regent palace at 45 pounds for a double room for the night, it is even cheaper that the Picadilly backpackers, and surely can't be worse than that?

All very well to be prepared to pay, but to pay what you don't have is truly difficult.

I can't help wondering if those unbelievable photos were actually taken in the hotel or sent as a sort of hoax?? Surely the health authorities could not allow something like that to exist.

London, UK
Level Contributor
5,466 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
64. Re: Bring out the barf bag...

Yes, they can until someone makes a formal complaint with evidence to back it up.

Environmental Health Inspectors are few & far between, & so mostly follow up evidence driven complaints.

Rogue establishments can fined when bylaws are broken, but they are not put out of business. There are traders who 'dodge' the trading standards & business regulatores the world over.

In all cases in the UK: Buyer Beware.

Take the reviews as they are posted.

London, UK
Level Contributor
5,466 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
65. Re: Bring out the barf bag...

For cheap rooms, have you looked at the Youth Hostels.

www.yha.org.uk

There's a very central branch at St Pancras - does twin rooms en suite.