We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Adam... please help

Which London hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Minnesota
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
Adam... please help

Hi I thought I would ask you directly since it says you live in England How long does it take to get to different cities from London like Bath and Cotswolds and Kent... I'm from MN and it's impossible to get a clear answer from these web sites I have never planned a trip of this magnitude and am feeling very stressed. I just want to see some woderful places and soak up a different life for a couple weeks help me if you can! Thanks fiberoloo(the new girl)

Minnesota
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Adam... please help

Thanks everyone for your advice, I mean I'm used to "Minneota Nice" and all but this is great. Here's a little more info on my trip if this helps you think of anyone else. I'm leaving June 8th and will be there for 2 weeks. and yes I want to travel outside of London, oh and I'm going with 3 other people. OH and one more thing I heard that the Queen's Birthday is happening when I'm there is this a big deal? I'm not saying that to be coy, just is it something I'm going to want to see?

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
40,442 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Adam... please help

From the royals own website:

"11 June: The Queen's Birthday Parade at 11.00 am on Horse Guards Parade, London. Applications for tickets must be received by HQ Household Division by 28 February 2005. Gun salutes will be fired in Hyde Park and at the Tower of London"

Crowds line The Mall from early morning to view the procession from Buckingham Palace but you don't get to see a lot. Better to watch on TV if you really want to see it. And no the rest of London doesn't stop!

Talking of Royals, Prince Charles has dropped a brick today when posing for photos with his sons whilst skiing in Switzerland.

From the BBC website:

"When BBC Royal correspondent Nicholas Witchell asked Prince Charles about his feelings in the run-up to his wedding to Camilla Parker Bowles on 8 April in Windsor, he was given a terse reply.

"I am very glad you have heard of it, anyway," the prince said.

He added quietly to Prince William and Harry: "These bloody people. I can't bear that man. I mean, he's so awful, he really is"

Ah, Bless!

Minnesota
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Adam... please help

HA- well maybe that will be the day to start traveling outside of London. I'm not very up on my "Royal" news anyway.