We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport Transfers

georgetown, tx
Level Contributor
26 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Airport Transfers

Hi All -

What are the best options for airport transfers to and from Heathrow to St. James Court at 54 Buckingham Gate?

I have read a lot of comments/suggestions but didn't see anything directly related to our hotel.

I am not opposed to private car at 30-40 pounds each way if the cheaper choices will be a hassle. If private car is best..which company is best for basic transfer?

I should mention...2 adults females with handbag and one carry one rolling suitcase each!

Thank you!

Edited: 10:33 am, January 13, 2017
Best Seller
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle and Bath...
5,662 Reviews
from $122.40*
Best Seller
Stonehenge, Windsor, and Bath with...
2,249 Reviews
from $112.50*
Best Seller
London Harry Potter Tour of Warner...
746 Reviews
from $102.40*
Cornwall, United...
Level Contributor
1,644 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport Transfers

Take the tube, quicker and cheaper

Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
13,659 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport Transfers

We don't do hotel shuttles in London, the public transport is what most people use.

If you can't face the Underground, then. Pre-booked car from someone like Blackberry Cars, Simply Airports or Parkers will charge about £40-50 one way

georgetown, tx
Level Contributor
26 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport Transfers

Thank you...what I was hoping for is very specific directions for "local transportation"...like ex...take the connect to Paddington then what? I appreciate the input.

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
23,824 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport Transfers

You definitely don't want to go anywhere near Paddington.

Get the tube, Piccadilly line from any terminal at LHR. Change at Hammersmith (easy, cross platform) to the District line. Exit at St James's Park. Hotel is less than 5 mins walk via Petty France exit.

London
Destination Expert
for Thirassia, Fira
Level Contributor
16,356 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport Transfers

Board Piccadilly Line at Heathrow, stay on until Hammersmith and get off, cross over to the opposite side of the same platform, board Eastbound District Line. Stay on until Victoria or St. James's Park (your hotel is in the middle). Walk from there.

http://walkit.com/cities/london

Neither Victoria or St. James's Park have elevators, so be prepared to carry your luggage up a couple of flights of stairs.

Check the Transport for London (TfL) website for future dates to see if there's engineering work scheduled:

https://tfl.gov.uk/tube-dlr-overground/status

Detailed enough?

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
5,511 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport Transfers

If you take a private car/mini cab, they should be able to figure out how to get you to your hotel. It's what you are paying for.

Harrow, United...
Destination Expert
for York
Level Contributor
9,692 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Airport Transfers

Get on any tube at heathrow (they start there) alight at hammersmith and walk 10 yards cross platform and get any district tube. Alight at st james station and walk 5 minutes. Or if you want use of a lift stay one stop further to westminster and use the lift to street level and a 10 minute walk to your hotel.

georgetown, tx
Level Contributor
26 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Airport Transfers

Thank you so much. I thought you had to take the connect into paddington first...didn't realize the "tube" went to the airport...I appreciate the specific directions! Thank you

Corringham, United...
Level Contributor
7,405 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Airport Transfers

Going to Paddington is not recommended as it's the wrong side of London and then you would still have to catch a cab or go on the Underground.

The instructions you have here are very very easy!

And don't be wooed by the Heathrow express

Edited: 11:44 am, January 13, 2017
New Mexico
Level Contributor
13,516 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Airport Transfers

Always good to have a map handy

content.tfl.gov.uk/standard-tube-map.pdf