We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Places to eat close to Marriott Regent's Park

iqq
maryland
Level Contributor
66 posts
94 reviews
Save Topic
Places to eat close to Marriott Regent's Park

I am staying with my 9 and 11 year olds at the Marriott. Are there good places nearby for breakfast, fish and chips, and other eating?

london
Level Contributor
62 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Places to eat close to Marriott Regent's Park

Hi, I think this is the Marriot by Swiss Cottage tube station, which is at walking distance from Finchley Road. Perhaps your kids may like the O2 centre. Check www.o2centre.co.uk

This is a small shopping centre with a decent choice of places to eat. It should take about 15min walk to get there, otherwise just 1 tube stop from Swiss Cottage to Finchley Road, or by bus just a few stops on either 13, 82, 113. Ask people around as they all know the O2.

I hope it helps.

London
Level Contributor
2,189 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Places to eat close to Marriott Regent's Park

As the last poster wrote you are not far from the O2 centre which has several restaurants in it - there is a Chinese, Italian plus others, and about 2 doors down the road there is a Pizza Express.

From the Marriott walk up towards Finchley Road where O2 centre is and there is a Costa (I think), plus a Subway and an M&S foodstore, plus walking up past all the shops are loads of restaurants/cafes etc., as well as a McDonalds.

You can't go hungry in this area.

It is probably quicker to walk than take the tube from Swiss Cottage to Finchley Road.

Another alternative is to take a taxi to St. Johns Wood High Street where there are again a number of restaurants - they are not all expensive. If you like salt beef/latkes a must down here is Harry Morgans. St. Johns Wood is probably under 5 mins in a cab from Marriott.

If you want really good fish and chips ask a cab driver to take you to The SeaShell in Lisson Grove - there is a takeaway but round the corner still part of it is a sit down restaurant - the portions are huge and food freshly cooked.

3. Re: Places to eat close to Marriott Regent's Park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, August 24, 2009