We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport transfers

Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Topic
Airport transfers

Hi please can someone advise if there are frequent buses that travel from Liverpool airport to city centre and approx. Cost?

Thanks

Lancashire, United...
Level Contributor
19,491 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport transfers

How many of you are travelling?

The #500 bus is the quickest and costs £3 single.

There's also the 80A, 82A and 86A buses that cost £2.20 single but take longer than the 500.

It's a frequent service on all routes, maybe apart from the 500 which stops earlier in the evening.

You can get a black cab from outside the airport terminal building to the city centre for about £16 - £18.

5 seat cabs are always available, and sometimes 6 seat cabs.

Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport transfers

Many thanks Matt. There will be 15 of us travelling. I priced an airport taxi which was reasonable enough but just wanted to explore other options and let the girls choose 😃

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
3,912 posts
376 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport transfers

use Village taxis for a price they have mini busses too

Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport transfers

Thanks Gaz will check them out 😃

Liverpool
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
2,640 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport transfers

depending on how long your party takes to get out the airport (all together)

there should be plenty of Taxis (Black hackneys) outside the airport, they usually know what time the flights arrive, so you are looking at 3 black Hack's into Liverpool its already been mentioned about the price, there may even be 6 seater hackney vehicles outside as well

a private hire will be a few pounds cheaper, however the difference being the majority only carry 4 people, a number of private hire firms do have 5,6 even 8 seater vehicles but weather they have them available when you want them is another question.

Village cars has been mentioned, as you leave the airport building, just beside the exit door is a large sign which advertises a local private hire taxi company (this may well be Village)

for the sake of a few pounds and convenience 3 black hacks would probably be your best bet

Finally just to forewarn you, not sure if the price quoted includes this but what ever taxi option you get there will be a £2 surcharge (airport charge) this does not apply to the bus though

enjoy your stay in Liverpool

Merseyside
Level Contributor
1,554 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport transfers

Hi Guys,

Matt's quoted taxi price of approx £18 includes the £1.50 Airport toll!

Private Hire such as Village will cost considerably more as 4x cars will be needed & are subject to a £2 charge as they have to use the Short Stay Car Park to pick up & collect.

Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Airport transfers

Thank you so much for the info. I priced a 16 seater mini bus from airport taxi service and it was costing 142pound return which I think is reasonable between us all! You ever used them?

Although the black taxis sound just as handy if they sit around outside 😃

Edited: 3:53 pm, January 19, 2016
Merseyside
Level Contributor
1,554 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Airport transfers

Why pay more than necessary?

Use 3 cabs off the rank which will cost £20 each(inc tip😉),ask same drivers to pick you up for the return & "voila" cost is only £120.

Also a 16 seater minibus is likely to struggle with luggage for 15 passengers.

Alternatively you may want to consider an Airport based Taxi Transfer Service, such as:

www.omegatransfers.com or www.liverpooltaxiservice.com

Both use larger 6 seater taxis & have good luggage space. Cost may be a bit more than off the rank but probably less than the £142 quoted.

Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Airport transfers

Yeah I get what you mean. Thank you for the advice. I think I will go with the taxis from the rank 😃 can I ask where they would drop off in city centre? Is it far from the printworks apartments?

Merseyside
Level Contributor
1,554 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Airport transfers

A taxi will drop you wherever you want!

In this instance at the door to the hotel..