We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chester zoo

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
3,639 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Chester zoo

Hi we are staying at the strand travelodge in august for 4 night.

we will be traveling down by train.

Can you tell be the best way to get to the zoo ?

Do they ever have special offers on BOGF etc

Any help would be great we have never been before I'm traveling down with my 3 sons.

So need some kid friendly ideas

Lancashire, United...
Level Contributor
18,126 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chester zoo

You can get the Merseyrail train service from James Street station (which is a 2 min walk from Travelodge on the Strand) to Bache station.

I've never done the journey to Bache and walked to Chester Zoo, but I guess the walking route must be signposted and easy to follow.

Trains run every 15 minutes from James Street to Bache and takes about 35 mins; but check the timetable first because when I've caught the train from Liverpool to Chester which is on the same line I'm sure that some of the trains don't always stop at Bache. (I could be wrong though!).

Mentioned in this post
Merseyrail
Merseyrail
2 Reviews
Liverpool, UK
Durham, United...
Level Contributor
3,639 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chester zoo

Thanks Matt :)

UK
Destination Expert
for Chester
Level Contributor
3,932 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Chester zoo

The No 1 bus from Liverpool to Chester stops at the zoo

Best place I know for discounted tickets is the Visitor Information Centre at Chester Town Hall but for that you would need to go into Chester.

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
3,792 posts
359 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Chester zoo

Check the Zoo and The Merseytravel website for offers.

There was a bus that ran from Bache to the zoo

across the mersey
Level Contributor
219 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Chester zoo

I doubt that you will find any any BOGOF offers for the school holidays.However Albert Dock Tourist Information office which is only 5 mins from your hotel sell advance tickets which save you queueing and are cheaper than paying on the day. Also I believe Merseytravel do a combined travel and entrance ticket which will save you money. Suggest you compare the 2.

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
3,639 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Chester zoo

Thanks for all the replays looking forward to our trip it looks like a great city :)

7. Re: Chester zoo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, May 07, 2015