We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Liverpool August bank-holiday wkend 2014

Cape Verde
Level Contributor
56 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Liverpool August bank-holiday wkend 2014

Hey, a group of us lasses are going to Liverpool for the August bank holiday wkend & I've been looking at what's on while we're there. Just came across The Adelphi All-Nighter Beatles tribute on the 24th from 11pm until 6am. Has anyone got any feedback on it? its £15. a ticket which we don't mind paying as it sounds like a great night.

We're staying in the Premier Inn Liverpool one, and we're looking for some decent pub crawls, pubs with a cracking atmosphere & a bit of character would be great, mind you we're there from the Friday until the Monday so any ideas would be greatly appreciated & seriously considered haha!

Mentioned in this post
Liverpool Beatles Tours
Liverpool Beatles Tours
190 Reviews
Liverpool, UK
Lancashire, United...
Level Contributor
18,148 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Liverpool August bank-holiday wkend 2014

Over the Bank Holiday weekend it is the the end (or is it the beginning) of Internation Beatle Week and also, the Liverpool International Music Festival (formerly the Mathew Street Festival) takes place.

Liverpool city centre will be absolutley full of people. Last year Texas and the Saturdays (plus many other pop groups) performed at the Pier Head over that weekend.

It's to early to say who is performing this year - it isn't usually announced until May or June.

Mentioned in this post
Liverpool
Liverpool
Merseyside, UK
Mathew Street
Mathew Street
1,133 Reviews
Liverpool, UK
Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
154 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Liverpool August bank-holiday wkend 2014

Hi

the Adelphi night is part of Internationa Beatle Week, which I go every year. I really don't like the All nighter, it's down in conference rooms, there are 3 big rooms with different tributes on. the crowd is all people who are there for Beatle Week. The lay out isn't ideal as there are huge wedding-like tables, and no room to dance. I am going to Beatle Week this year, but will be giving the all nighter a miss. A lot of folk have been complaining about the layout, so you never know, they may change it this year. If I were you i'd stick to Matthew Street, there will be 2 stages of Beatles Bands, and also in the Cavern pub across the road

Mentioned in this post
Liverpool Beatles Tours
Liverpool Beatles Tours
190 Reviews
Liverpool, UK
3. Re: Liverpool August bank-holiday wkend 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, February 06, 2015