We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Possibility of change of date of Liverpool FC game.

Central Coast, NSW
Level Contributor
241 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Possibility of change of date of Liverpool FC game.

Hi all,

I have bought a hospitality ticket to the Liverpool v Chelsea game on the 26th of April and noticed that the date is 'subject to change'. As I am travelling from Australia to see my first ever game at Anfield I was wondering if anyone could give me their thoughts on the likelihood of the date changing and by how far it could change. As far as I know the League cup will be over and the FA Cup semis are 2 weeks beforehand. The Champions League semis, however, are scheduled for April 22/23 and April 29/30. If Chelsea were to make the semis would the game against Liverpool still go ahead on that weekend? I am going to post this question on the Liverpool FC forums and also send an email to the club but I also appreciate the experience and knowledge of those on this forum so I thought I should ask everyone here.

Thanks

Tonbridge, United...
Level Contributor
832 posts
219 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Possibility of change of date of Liverpool FC game.

The most likely change is for television scheduling purposes. This means it could be played earlier or later on the same day... or it might be moved to the evening before (less likely) or the day after.

I don't think Champions League is likely to affect it.

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Possibility of change of date of Liverpool FC game.

I agree, if it changes, most likely change is to move to the Sunday afternoon at 4pm. I wouldn't book anything that can't be moved or refunded on the Saturday or Sunday.

UK
Destination Expert
for North Wales
Level Contributor
4,799 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Possibility of change of date of Liverpool FC game.

There is also Monday night football on SKY TV.

Central Coast, NSW
Level Contributor
241 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Possibility of change of date of Liverpool FC game.

Thank you both for your feedback. I am planning on spending five nights in London and arriving in Liverpool on the Wednesday before the game to stay for 7 nights. I just wanted to make sure that if I stayed until the following Wednesday then I would not miss the game. I have been a Liverpool fan my whole life, I was lucky enough to see them play in Melbourne recently on the preseason tour and this trip has been a long time coming

Central Coast, NSW
Level Contributor
241 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Possibility of change of date of Liverpool FC game.

Thank You also Leuca

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
15,487 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Possibility of change of date of Liverpool FC game.

Use a website such as www.booking.com and book accommodation that offers free cancellation.

When the date of the match is confirmed just cancel the nights you don't need.

Tonbridge, United...
Level Contributor
832 posts
219 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Possibility of change of date of Liverpool FC game.

As the OP is travelling fromAustralia for the match, I rather think he will need accommodation every night regardless of the match schedule :D

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
15,487 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Possibility of change of date of Liverpool FC game.

Good point, I just re-read his post and see he's got a hospitality package, and not one of those Thomas Cook packages. ;-)

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
15,487 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Possibility of change of date of Liverpool FC game.

P.S. I'll also add that the OP might find 7 days in Liverpool too long. Apart from the match day, and a couple of days perhaps looking at the other tourist attractions and going on a Mersey Ferry in Liverpool you might get a bit bored!

Perhaps consider a few day trips to places like Chester and Manchester where you will find the National Football Museum. I trip to Old Trafford is optional! ;-p

Edited: 7:12 am, August 18, 2013
Central Coast, NSW
Level Contributor
241 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Possibility of change of date of Liverpool FC game.

Cheers Matt,

I have been looking at things to do and a day trip to Chester looks likely. I am planning on an Anfield tour, a Beatles tour, going to Albert Dock and obviously the Chelsea game. I want to go on a Mersey Ferry and have a look at Birkenhead as that is where my nan was from. Any and all feedback is most welcome.

Thanks Again