We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what to do and see outside Liverpool?

Which Liverpool hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Co Armagh
Level Contributor
29 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
what to do and see outside Liverpool?

I am going to Liverpool for 5 days in March. Our base is in the city so as we can do all the usual tourist things but I dont want to do it for 5 days. I was thinking of hiring a car to go further afield. Can anyone recommend places to go and see. I usually visit the north of England but wanted to do something different

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: what to do and see outside Liverpool?

The lake district is beautiful. We stayed a hipping hall it was fantastic and included afternoon tea, breakfast and an amazing 3 course dinner.

Chester is also nice.

I agree speake hall and sefton park are worth a visit.

As is lark lane in aigburth, a ten minute drive from the city, it's bohemian and eclectic and has some pubs and tapas places. It also has a good restaurant and bar called pablos.

In town the Albert dock and Liverpool one are worth a visit. The Anglican cathedral is beautiful and you can go on a tour to the top and see the whole city.

For dinner in the city I recommend alma de Cuba. Get a later reservation on Friday or Saturday to take part in the Brazilian carnival that starts at 11pm. Pushka on Rodney street is cosy and has great food.

Indoor snowboarding a chill factor in Manchester is fun and it's also just near the big shopping mall the Trafford centre.

North wales is beautiful. Walking Moel famu and arounds is really pretty

12. Re: what to do and see outside Liverpool?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, January 14, 2014