We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Another place-public transport on a Sunday.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
469 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Another place-public transport on a Sunday.

Can someone point me in the right direction regarding public transport to another place on a Sunday (Train or bus and where to catch it from)

Pencilled it in for a Sunday as it may be a good way of blowing the Saturday night cobwebs off.

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
20,039 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Another place-public transport on a Sunday.

www.traveline.info

Liverpool
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
2,427 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Another place-public transport on a Sunday.

your best bet is to get a Merseytravel train to Hall Road (Blundellsands) walk down towards beach/coastguard station

walk towards Liverpool, at the end of the beach you will be at Waterloo, head towards South Road, then catch a train at Waterloo(Northern line)

check the tide times before coming though

enjoy

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
21,983 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Another place-public transport on a Sunday.

I took the Urban railway from the city center to Waterloo, maybe a 10 minute or so walk from there. you can walk quite away down the beach and back, facinating sight.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
469 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Another place-public transport on a Sunday.

Thanks guys!

liverpool
Level Contributor
1,138 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Another place-public transport on a Sunday.

as above posts say take merseyrail train from city centre( moorfields station is the best as it saves you going round the loop which can take extra 10mins or so) to either blundelsands or hall road station on the northern line ( southport train) 20min journey approx £4.20 return .... ....then a five minute walk down to the beach .... can get a bit chilly down there ....wrap up well!!

liverpool
Level Contributor
1,138 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Another place-public transport on a Sunday.

tried to check train price on www.merseyrail.org not sure, but it may be £3.50 return..... not the easiest website for pricing in my opinion...... have fun!

Edited: 11:14 am, April 17, 2012
Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
469 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Another place-public transport on a Sunday.

Thanks purdydog that's really good info.

Liverpool
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
2,427 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Another place-public transport on a Sunday.

Further to above posts, just to explain

your better getting the train to either Hall Road (in Bludellsands) or Blundellsands stations, to see all of Antony Gormleys statue's your better going to Hall Road station

by getting off at either of these stations then walking back to Waterloo, you have more options, for refreshments & Toilets etc

if you get off at Waterloo first you are either walking back to Waterloo (as suggested above) this wastes your time or to either of the 2 stations I mentioned, however these stations off no facilities (Toilets or refreshments) what to ever

hence it betters going to Hall Road (or Blundellsands) then walking back towards Waterloo (South Road)

Blundellsands station is the next stop after Waterloo, Hall Road is the next stop after Blundellsands

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
15,270 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Another place-public transport on a Sunday.

Don't forget that Liverpool Central will be closed for nearly 6 months from Monday 23rd April, so you will need to use Moorfields station for all services on the Northern Line.

http://www.loveliverpoolcentral.com/

For train times from Moorfields to Hall Road or Blundellsands it's best to use www.nationalrail.co.uk

On Sundays there are trains every 30 minutes leaving Moorfields at 12 and 42 mins past the hour.

Return from Moorfields to Hall Road costs £3.85.

Return from Moorfields to Blundellsands & Crosby costs £3.50.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
21,983 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Another place-public transport on a Sunday.

yes i probably walked a lot further that i needed but then I did not consult this forum before visiting, there was however a pretty good pub in Waterloo (no idea of the name) , did good food and had a decent selection of beers.( i tried several)