We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Years Eve for families in Liverpool

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
94 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
New Years Eve for families in Liverpool

Hi , we're a family of 2 adults and 2 children travelling to Liverpool on 30th December , we had already booked flights and hotel for two nights to go to the Liverpool v Newcastle game but the fixture was changed to the Friday. Anyway , this means we will be in Liverpool for New Years Eve with two kids so clubbing is out of the question but we dont fancy spending the night sitting in a hotel room and it will be my son's birthday. I know New Years Eve is usually an adults night out but does anyone know of anywhere we can take the kids that night. They are 14 and 7. Thanks in advance.

merseyside
Level Contributor
4,650 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Years Eve for families in Liverpool

is your hotel doing a new years eve dinner? otherwise for me with kids it would be dinner early on in a nice restaurant (probably need to book look at T/A restaurant reviews for ideas) then get out of town centre before the madness begins

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
94 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Years Eve for families in Liverpool

Just to add we are staying in Days Hotel James street , do you think the bar in the hotel would stay open and maybe we could stay there to see in the new year.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
94 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Years Eve for families in Liverpool

Thanks for replying sunndays , I've just mailed the hotel to see if there's anything on that night. I hope so because I don't fancy spending the night sitting in our room. I'll check out the restaurant reviews now. Thanks again.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
94 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New Years Eve for families in Liverpool

There's a bus stop outside James Street train station , does anyone know if it goes to Anfield or would a taxi be easier ?

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,205 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New Years Eve for families in Liverpool

we have a 14 screen odeon cinema complex in liverpool one shopping centre... not sure of opening times but it is a 5min walk from your hotel...plenty of places to eat in the city..but worth checking if they have only set menus on because its nye...

taxi from your hotel would cost approx £20 return..not sure of bus route good luck

Edited: 5:58 pm, December 27, 2011
UK
Destination Expert
for North Wales
Level Contributor
4,957 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: New Years Eve for families in Liverpool

There is the big wheel near the Albert Dock your children would love that

Lots of family restaurants in LiverpoolONE a shopping leisure complex and you could spend a few hours there early evening until your children wanted to go to bed

How about A ride on the Ferry in the afternoon .There may be fireworks in the early evening just googled it but cannot get any info perhaps someone can let you know

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,205 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: New Years Eve for families in Liverpool

sorry meant to say the taxi price quoted above is to anfield .......regarding eats out there is a nice tapas bar....salthouse tapas in the city.. may be open,... pizza express maybe?...

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,205 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: New Years Eve for families in Liverpool

www.harddaysnighthotel.co.uk is a nice place to have a drink/coffee etc they have a couple of stylish bars including the main entrance area which is fine for the youngsters...it is a tastefull beatle theme hotel... i think 3pm to 7 pm would be a good time to visit after that it may get a bit crowded...have a good look around its worth popping your head in. 3 mins walk from your hotel

Liverpool
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
2,541 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: New Years Eve for families in Liverpool

Anfield,

depends what time your going, daytime you can get a bus (17 or 26/27) from either o/s your hotel if not its a short walk to Liverpool One bus terminus, evening time although there's nothing on/at Anfield to see in the evening I'd get a taxi if I was going

also not sure whether they still do it but they use to have a firework display in Liverpool to see in the new year over the years its been at different locations in and around the city centre

Edited: 7:03 pm, December 27, 2011
Liverpool
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
2,541 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: New Years Eve for families in Liverpool

just checked merseytravel website, both buses 17 & 26 stop o/s your hotel to get to Anfield, you could do the stadium tour in the afternoon allow 2-3 hours for stadium tour and museum

the 26 bus changes to the 27 on the return journey back to Liverpool

Edited: 7:14 pm, December 27, 2011