We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A question from Spain

Which Lincoln hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Seville, Spain
Level Contributor
31 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
A question from Spain

Hello, I am from Seville, Spain. I speak a little English only although I am learning it now. I am going to England for a week this September. I am going to stay some days in London and I want to go to other place for two or three days. I would like to know if Lincoln is a nice place for that. I have been a lot of times in England an I have already been in Oxford, Cambridge, Canterbury, Brighton, Salisbury, Bath, York, Leeds...

Thank you very much

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
18,877 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A question from Spain

Yes, Lincoln is a nice place, with a cathedral on top of the hill. Come and enjoy!

To get to Lincoln you can use National Express coaches; or trains from London Kings Cross (usually with one change).

Essex
Level Contributor
27,159 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A question from Spain

Bienvenida!!

Lincoln is a good choice, with excellent Cathedral, and a good Castle to visit.

Here is the Tourist Office website, sadly, no Spanish translation...

http://www.visitlincoln.com/

westmids/calaegos
Destination Expert
for Cala d'Or
Level Contributor
1,326 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A question from Spain

Personally I think there are far better places than Lincoln. The Cathedral is nice but the rest of the town is a dump. Full of fast food restaurants and cheap shops, its quite run down and depressing.The cocountryside is flat and uninspiring, and the nearest seaside resort of Skegness is tacky and downmarket.

I woukd look at places like Chester, Stratford on Avon, Warwick, Ludlow, Guildford, Arundel. .

So many places that are far nicer to visit. ..nicer countryside, more to see and do, nicer shops and restaurants and generally far more appealing.

Edited: 3:04 pm, July 10, 2013
westmids/calaegos
Destination Expert
for Cala d'Or
Level Contributor
1,326 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A question from Spain

Personally I think there are far better places tgan Lincoln. The Cathedral is nice but the rest of the town is a dump. Full of fast food restaurants and cheap shops, its quite run down and depressing.The countryside is flat and uninspiring, andcthe nearest seaside resort of Skegness is tacky and downmarket.

I woukd look at places like Chester, Stratford on Avon, Warwick, Ludlow, Guildford, Arundel. .

So many places that are far nicer to visit. ..nicer countryside, more to see and do, nicer shops and restaurants and generally far more appealing.

I would also recommend Rye in East Sussex

london
Level Contributor
2,122 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: A question from Spain

I've got to disagree with you Makk ... I visited Lincoln last week and thought it was anything but a dump ... I thought it wass a rather charming city ... of course the countryside is flat, Lincoln is on the edge of the fens ... and I haven't a clue what relevance a seaside resort would be to someone who is coming to visit the city for a couple of days

EuropeaSevilla - go and enjoy for a couple of days

Coventry
Level Contributor
32 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: A question from Spain

Lincoln is a fantastic place to visit with so much character and history. For me the Cathedral is possibly the most iconic cathedral in the England and the Castle is certainly a place worth visiting. Lincoln has a mixture of old and new, with the upcoming university area that has attracted growth in the Brayford Waterfront area. Like any City many things can be improved on, but I would definitely visit.

Seville, Spain
Level Contributor
31 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: A question from Spain

Thank you very much everybody. I'm very pleased to get your advice. I've already decided to go to Lincoln this September and I hope to enjoy and to have a nice time. And Makk28, I hope not to have to regret it.

Thanks!!!

Sleaford
Level Contributor
12 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: A question from Spain

You definitely won't regret it. It is a beautiful little city. I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time.

Seville, Spain
Level Contributor
31 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: A question from Spain

Thank you very much.

I've already booked a hotel in the city center and I'm looking forward to going to Lincoln in a few days.

Lincoln, United...
Destination Expert
for Lincoln
Level Contributor
1,617 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: A question from Spain

You certainly won't regret it. How anyone can describe Lincoln as "a dump" is beyond comprehension. Since the University was built it a lively, vibrant city with plenty of restaurants, both of the chain variety and privately owned. Steep Hill won a competion for UK street of the year this year and the Cathedral is thought by many to be the finest in England.

For anyone else reading this thread, the Lincolnshire is flat statement is a myth. Certainly large parts of Lincolnshire are fenland (which is beautiful in its own way) but the north of the county has often overlooked lovely chalk hills called the Lincolnshire Wolds.

Get answers to your questions about Lincoln