We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking for the Christmas Market

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
173 posts
105 reviews
Save Topic
Parking for the Christmas Market

Hi

Don't want to come across as a skinflint but wondered if there was a reasonable alternative to the Park and Ride on offer at £12 a car if booked in advance! We are driving down from Leeds for the market on the Sunday and would love to find somewhere a bit less expensive. Plus if we book in advance, a saving of £3, then the weather is awful and we can't make it then it's a lot to be out of pocket.

We do intend spending in Lincoln on food etc so we aren't just our for a cheap day ha ha.

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Lincoln
Lincoln
Lincolnshire, UK
Coventry
Level Contributor
32 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking for the Christmas Market

There is a lot of City centre parking within walking distance to the market. Although, it will be very advisory to get to Lincoln early as it will be extremely busy. Theres a multi storey called Broadgate that is roughly 2-4 pounds all day parking, and probably a 20 minute walk to the market.

Mentioned in this post
Lincoln
Lincoln
Lincolnshire, UK
Lincoln, United...
Destination Expert
for Lincoln
Level Contributor
1,624 posts
239 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking for the Christmas Market

Broadgate and a new parking area in front of Broadgate are good, but if you get there early you may well find free parking on Lindum Terrace, Eastcliff Road, Sewell Road, Queensway, Curle Avenue and Wragby Road near where it joins Langworth Gate and back from there.

These are all much better placed than Broadgate and the downhill carparks.

Also usually Minster School on Upper Lindum Street offer cheap parking which goes towards one of their chartities.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
173 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parking for the Christmas Market

Thanks so much for your advice. We are going to get there nice and early and try first of all for the free parking.

Everyone says it's a lovely market and we are really looking forward to it.

4. Re: Parking for the Christmas Market

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10:05 am, December 04, 2012
Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
173 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Parking for the Christmas Market

Thank you but my post was last year. We went on a Sunday and found there was lots of free parking so good luck with the 8.00 you're after!!

Lincoln, United...
Destination Expert
for Lincoln
Level Contributor
1,624 posts
239 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Parking for the Christmas Market

Yes. Please see my earlier post. There is quite a bit of free parking reasonably close to the market, if you know where to look.

The one thing that has changed since I last posted is that the car park "in front of the Broadgate Multistorey" is now a Premier Inn!! How quickly things change.

Don't try to book the Premier Inn though, it's not quite open.

2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Parking for the Christmas Market

Hi do you have any parking available? I need parking for two cars?

Many Thanks

1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Parking for the Christmas Market

Is there still parking at this address?? Is it pay on the day or in advance? Thanks

2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Parking for the Christmas Market

Hi saz,

I called the guy and booked In advance with my credit card. Really helpful. I believe he still has places. Give him a call

Hope that helps

Lincoln
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Parking for the Christmas Market

Parking is available at the County Hospital car parks on St Annes Road in Lincoln which is a couple of minutes walk from the market area. Cost for parking is £5. There are about 400 spaces so you should be able to get one without having to book.

Mentioned in this post
Lincoln
Lincoln
Lincolnshire, UK