We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Your recommendations please...best restaurants

London, Canada
Level Contributor
3,759 posts
69 reviews
Save Topic
Your recommendations please...best restaurants

For student budgets and within walking distance of University of Leicester?

Tobiejr has found a couple on her own but I wondered if there's anything that locals would recommend for a nice but inexpensive dinner out that kids could walk to and from easily. They like all types of fare.....Italian, Thai etc

Thanks so much!

england
Level Contributor
36 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Your recommendations please...best restaurants

Oh, I am so sorry I am so late in replying to this post - my computer has been broken and I have been without for 7 days - nightmare!!

Anyway, somewhere wehre I think you daughter should consider is Leicester College on Aylestone Road. They have a fantastic catering department that offer the most fabulous food. Throughout December they do magnificant Christmas dinners at the most reasonable rate. You have to book as they do get really busy (main reception 0116 2242000). Throughout the year they do loads of 'themed' evenings - Caribbean, Country and Western etc. which are great fun, great food and great price. The college is within easy walking distance of the university and they will be helping out fellow students!

Also, along London Raod there are loads of Indian restaurants. My favourtie in Shimla Pinks - they do a fab 'all you can eat' buffet which while not cheap (about £12 I think) the food is fabulous and the staff are great.

They are my two choices anyway....

London, Canada
Level Contributor
3,759 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Your recommendations please...best restaurants

Thanks pud.....no need to apologize! She's been to the Siam Corner? and likes it there (food and budget) but your suggestions are great for expanding her horizons. :)

3. Re: Your recommendations please...best restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 pm, August 17, 2009